Main Menu

Futurequake #2

Started by GordonR, 22 June, 2004, 05:43:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Art

Well, i supose you could give it to him after you've read it. What size was your letterbox again?

Dudley

EMERGENCY APPEAL UPDATE

We at Save The Rennie Headquarters are overwhelmed at your generosity.  Thanks to Paul von Scott's generous gesture and that of another anonymous donor, we are now over a quarter of the way to reaching our final goal of 7 pence.  

Please, continue to keep the donations flooding in.  

Tiplodocus

If Mister Rennie is going to say nice things about me and Ade's story (and I take all compliments at at face value) then I reckon I can stump up at least 5p for the postage fund.

Be excellent to each other. And party on!

paulvonscott

A totally extravagant gesture, and one that is surely only done out of an inflated ego.  It completely denegrates the effort put in by myself and Mr X.  Why don't you pay the whole 7p if it's all about YOU and not about everyday people helping poor blighted Rennie?

Incidentally, expect economic turmoil as 7p is transferred from one person in Scotland to another.

Trout

...and legions of stunned residents of the north-east of England, who hear the rumour that PVS made a joke...

:-p

- Trout

paulvonscott

Dudley

EMERGENCY APPEAL UPDATE

Well, what can we say?  When we began this appeal, we had no idea of the generosity some people are prepared to show.  To have met all our targets within 24 hours just shows that not everything you read about this country in the papers can be true!

Many thanks to all our staff for giving up their free time to help with this appeal.  Particular thanks go to Mr Brown and Mr Smith, who will be collecting the fees in person from Mr Scott, Mr Tips, and the selfless donor who doesn't wish his generosity to be made public.  Please make sure that you're at home for the next 48 hours - Mr Smith doesn't like it if he's delayed in doing good!

The Emergency Appeal Committee has now been disbanded, but we are ready to leap into action the next time any 2000AD writer is endangered.  Anyone still wishing to contribute should write care of our bankers:

A/c no 19374636525344364675876583
Credit Union of Nigeria
10a Clinton Street
Abuja 9105
Nigeria

GordonR

Bah.  For a moment there, I was almost Solar Wind's only paid contributor.

Art

You got paid? He wouldn't even SELL me a copy of Big War...

Al_Ewing

I want to buy a copy of NOWQUAKE.

I reckon it's a CRISIS-type 'Can You HANDLE IIIIT?????' style mag about CRUCIAL YOUTH and theiir fight against yuppies and Thatcher.
Try again. Fail again. Fail better.

frazer

Sod that, I want to read NESQUAKE, a mag about various cute animals and the milky fun they get up to in various flavours.

F

Tiplodocus

Ah but PVS, I'm still very excited that this is the first story I've ever done that's seen print.  (Technically, of course, it may have been some stuff in BIG WAR COMIC but I've not seen that yet.  I fear I may become even more insufferable when I do.)

ANyway, let me slap Art on the back in a hearty congratulations for FUTUREQUAKE #2.  All bias aside, I think this one is even better than the first issue.

I most enjoyed THE HUNTER (Art and Longman) and if Gordon had been saying "Why isn't that in 2000AD?" then I would have echoed his sentiment about that story. It was great.  

I'm looking forward to Issue 3.  

Queen Firey-Bou

sooooo, why arent they in 4000AD then?

i'd like to say what great stories they were & how one sticks in my mind, but i'd hate to bolster gary & matts ego.

NowQuack Rocks, except theres not enough motorbikes in it.

paulvonscott

Yes, yes, Big War Comic arrives at the mansion tomorrow, and will be dished out accordingly to all whether they deserve it or not.

I do think it is a foul story though.  Still, lovely picture of a young Victoria in the buff, but that's as far as I can go in my praise.

Anyway, I have an appointment at the Collinwood place, and I'm afraid I'll have to pop back later for more heated discourse.

Yours faithfully

Paul von Scott

Tiplodocus

Sorry Paul, didn't mean to sound like a nag.  I only pointed out the BIG WAR thing just in case you thought I hadn't noticed that you were actually the editor kind enough to publish my stuff.

Anyway, as long as there's punters buying it, I'll be happy.  It is pretty good that you run comics where dmeand outstrips supply.