Main Menu

Forthcoming Thrills - 2019

Started by Dash Decent, 23 July, 2018, 02:18:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Colin YNWA

Link Prime

Quote from: Colin YNWA on 23 August, 2019, 09:03:45 AM
Solicits for November comics - trades not covered here

https://2000ad.com/post/5588?fbclid=IwAR3uE-RoxyipPJfX0BPNlcEDVGWOVKvaF7fWlCUYdMMmJBXgElQFBcR1L3w

Some dark and foreboding tales coming our way this winter.
Can't believe we're getting series 4 of Brink already. Sweet.

wedgeski

Quote from: Link Prime on 23 August, 2019, 04:19:26 PM
Quote from: Colin YNWA on 23 August, 2019, 09:03:45 AM
Solicits for November comics - trades not covered here

https://2000ad.com/post/5588?fbclid=IwAR3uE-RoxyipPJfX0BPNlcEDVGWOVKvaF7fWlCUYdMMmJBXgElQFBcR1L3w

Some dark and foreboding tales coming our way this winter.
Can't believe we're getting series 4 of Brink already. Sweet.
Oh [spoiler]shit[/spoiler] that is some good news right there.

Frank

Rereading that minus the giddy thrill of discovery, I realised I might be testing the definition of forthcoming to its limits.

You can read the whole thing here (and have been able to do so for years):

https://acesweekly.co.uk/vol2-issue1

broodblik

When I die, I want to die like my grandfather who died peacefully in his sleep. Not screaming like all the passengers in his car.

Old age is the Lord's way of telling us to step aside for something new. Death's in case we didn't take the hint.

The Monarch

can't believe we've got to helter skelter in the complete case files now

broodblik

When I die, I want to die like my grandfather who died peacefully in his sleep. Not screaming like all the passengers in his car.

Old age is the Lord's way of telling us to step aside for something new. Death's in case we didn't take the hint.

Tomwe

Link Prime

IndigoPrime

"The one in which Gillian Anderson c. 2002 plays Judge Anderson, dressed in a futuristic leather catsuit that doesn't conform to known physics, and so directly maps out the shape of her boobs."

If nothing else, I do wish comic book artists would get a better grounding not only in basic anatomy (you can break what the human body is capable of, but only once you know how to accurately portray it), but also how materials work.

Anyway, more Brink is very welcome, and I'm looking forward to the Wagner Dredd.

broodblik

The line-up sure looks good. The cover feels little lackluster for me.

Link Prime

Joseph Linsner is renowned as the comic book Da Vinci of the buxom wench, so I'm sure Tharg wasn't too surprised when he got the print file.
That cover isn't the best example of his work I'll admit, but it's pretty eye catching. Good choice for a jump-on issue.

Looking forward to the return of Brink too. The Culbard Droid must be sucking down the Energon Cubes - he's a new series out with Dark Horse at the moment too ('Everything').

All of the new Thrills look great in fact, and new Dredd by the premier league is always welcome, but I find that's it's Hope: Under Fire I'm most looking forward too. Really enjoyed that first series.

Bolt-01

Neil Roberts did pert better for Zarjaz.

norton canes

Jovis. I've just Googled 'Joseph Linsner' - I wouldn't recommend doing so at work.

I can see the guy has... talent, of a very specific kind, but based on his abilities he seems a poor choice and has produced a poor cover, especially for a jumping-on prog.