Main Menu

Forthcoming Thrills - 2019

Started by Dash Decent, 23 July, 2018, 02:18:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Frank

The Eagle has landed on subscribers' doormats this morning, but for the rest of us, this is still in the future. Even though it's set in the past.

Scarlet Traces vibes from new Defoe artist SK Moore:

broodblik

I am looking forward too Defoe and the new artist take on the story.

When I die, I want to die like my grandfather who died peacefully in his sleep. Not screaming like all the passengers in his car.

Old age is the Lord's way of telling us to step aside for something new. Death's in case we didn't take the hint.

IndigoPrime

I'm not really into Defoe, although it is one I want to re-read from the start, to see if it gels. That opening page looks excellent though. (No Prog here, alas. Seems it's a Monday thing now.)

sheridan

Quote from: Link Prime on 17 September, 2019, 03:29:06 PM
Quote from: Bolt-01 on 17 September, 2019, 03:22:51 PM
However - he does have some form of 'name' draw for the US readers, similarly to Mike Allred & George Perez, both of whom have delivered covers for TMO in recent years.

And the great recent-ish covers by David Aja and Chris Burnham too. A shrewd tactic deployed by TMO.

Presumably it's working, otherwise TMO wouldn't keep doing it.  As much as I like some artists, I can't imagine buying a copy of $insert-DC/Marvel-title-here just because the cover is by $2000AD-artist.

CalHab

Quote from: sheridan on 24 September, 2019, 09:05:36 AM
Presumably it's working, otherwise TMO wouldn't keep doing it.  As much as I like some artists, I can't imagine buying a copy of $insert-DC/Marvel-title-here just because the cover is by $2000AD-artist.

I imagine it gets them a bit of coverage on comics websites etc, which lets people know the prog exists. Dredd might be moderately well known outside of the UK but 2000AD doesn't have the same level of awareness.

I, Cosh

Never sure where to put this. The cover date will be ths year but I always count it as the start of next year's stories. Anyway, Tharg has exclusively revealed the contents of his bulging Christmas sack.

Prog 2162

• The Zaucer of Zilk: A Zaucerful of Secrets by Peter Hogan and Brendan McCarthy. The follow-up to 2012's phantasmagoric first series by Al Ewing and McCarthy, as an old enemy of the wand-wielding Zaucer comes looking for revenge
  • Proteus Vex: Another Dawn by Michael Carroll and Henry Flint. A brand-new SF spy series set in an alien galaxy;
  • Feral & Foe. Kingdom creators Dan Abnett and Richard Elson reunite on a new fantasy saga,  as a pair of creatures that would normally be hunted down by the humans are tasked with targeting their own kind;
  • Graduation Day by Gordon Rennie and Tiernen Trevallion; a young man takes a step into a wider world.
  • Plus Dredd, Brink and probably a surprise
Intrigued by the Rennie/Trevallion story. Maybe an epilogue or spin-off from Absalom?

Meanwhile, Lawless, Devlin Waugh and Blunt are all back in the Christmas Meg.
We never really die.

broodblik

If prog 2162 is the xmas prog then it implies we will have 51 progs this year and not the normal 50. Great stuff
When I die, I want to die like my grandfather who died peacefully in his sleep. Not screaming like all the passengers in his car.

Old age is the Lord's way of telling us to step aside for something new. Death's in case we didn't take the hint.

broodblik

Colin YNWA

So much good news there... but...

LAWLESS

Yeh!

broodblik

The cover for the upcoming Scream Special:

Southstreeter

Quote from: I, Cosh on 26 September, 2019, 11:43:20 AM

• Graduation Day by Gordon Rennie and Tiernen Trevallion; a young man takes a step into a wider world.

Intrigued by the Rennie/Trevallion story. Maybe an epilogue or spin-off from Absalom?

How old would the child of Ravne and Demon Jenny be? Could be another Cabs story?

Link Prime

Quote from: broodblik on 26 September, 2019, 07:16:06 PM
The cover for the upcoming Scream Special:

Any release date set for this yet? It's October 1st tomorrow, yet it isn't listed on Comic Hub.

Some great artists in that line-up by the way.

iutley

It's dated 16th October - 27th November on the cover if that helps.

broodblik

Accordingly 2000 AD web site you can only pre-order the items as part of a bundle : https://shop.2000ad.com/catalogue/specials/B0011

The release date is the 16th of October

broodblik

The Scream and Misty Special 2019 is now available in the web-shop for pre-order with some preview pages as well: https://shop.2000ad.com/catalogue/RCS1955