Main Menu

Keeping Dredd in the public eye!

Started by COMMANDO FORCES, 14 June, 2012, 07:36:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

COMMANDO FORCES

What can we do to keep Dredd high in the public eye before the film comes out!

Earlier today there was a thread that asked you to follow a link to The Film Informant - the motion picture advertising resource and vote on the poster (just go HERE and click on the 10th star to do that). This is the sort of thing we need to do, especially as it doesn't take your time up! Iv'e posted that link on a few facebook sites and am about to post it up on Twitter!

If anyone finds any sites that are promoting the film (however small) we need links on here so we can put some posts up (everyone else does this sort of thing, so why not us for a change). Then we can stop any bollocks about Stallone in it's tracks and also counteract any posts by a certain person.

Other things we can do is wear our Dredd/2000 AD tops more often, subliminal messaging!

Anyone else got any ideas or new sites to visit then post them up  :thumbsup:

radiator

Go on a killing spree in a town centre with a rifle while dressed as Dredd. Pretty sure that would make the papers.

If only there were someone with military training that also owned a Dredd costume...

a chosen rider

iFanboy just put up a post about the film.  (Twitter link here, if you're of a mind to retweet such things.)
On Twitter @devilsfootsteps

Diminished Responsibility

Some nude shots of Olivia Thirlby would help, or a sex tape.

On a serious note, yeah I voted, but it's the only thing of its kind that I've heard of. And I'm looking, believe me, I'm looking!
"DANGER! DO NOT TOUCH THESE MONSTROUSLY HAZARDOUS CITRUS FRUITS, MAN!"

COMMANDO FORCES

I'll join that site after work and post up something. Thanks chosen rider!

SKD

Voted and posted on The Film Informant. Good call CF.

Stew.

Stu101

Have voted my 5*'s, and retweeted ifanboy link.

This type of campaign does work, it won Depeche Mode a Brit for best single (Enjoy the Silence) in 1991.
The DM fan club urged their fans to vote via Radio1, and being very loyal they did.

I want to know when the 1st poster is actually seen in the real world too. I've been thinking of Banksy styled stencil campaign, but the speed I work at, the film will probably be on terrestial tv before I get round to it. :)

Stu101

Quote from: Stu101 on 14 June, 2012, 11:53:52 PM
Have voted my 5*'s, and retweeted ifanboy link.

I voted 10*'s on the site, not 5*. Fortunately that mistake only happened here, and to quote so many on various threads "damn no edit button!"

CYCLOPZ

Quote from: COMMANDO FORCES on 14 June, 2012, 07:36:12 PM

Anyone else got any ideas or new sites to visit then post them up  :thumbsup:

I've been posting on this site which has the same old ignorant comments pretty much since the film greenlit. And yet they are all still just as ignorant. http://my.spill.com/profiles/blogs/first-poster-for-dredd

Kowalsky (formerly JudgeGumpty)

Excellent thread CF. Can I suggest to all Social Site Users Facebook, Myspace, Twitter et al that when a Dredd related news item pops up they share it ?

May spread the Dredd a little further still :)
Never rub another mans rhubarb

Proudhuff

Quote from: radiator on 14 June, 2012, 08:23:00 PM
Go on a killing spree in a town centre with a rifle while dressed as Dredd. Pretty sure that would make the papers.

If only there were someone with military training that also owned a Dredd costume...

or just walk into the Levison(sp) enquiry dressed as DRedd
DDT did a job on me

Pete Wells

Yes Mr Burdis, you must do your duty and do something highly controversial and newsworthy in your garbs of office to get the movie dominating mainstream news media.

I mean yes, you'll probably be in prison when the movie comes out but think of the good you'll have done.  :lol:

COMMANDO FORCES

I would quite happily walk round London on a Saturday and visit all the tourist attractions if someone would take loads of pictures  :D

Frank

Quote from: COMMANDO FORCES on 15 June, 2012, 08:05:57 PM
I would quite happily walk round London on a Saturday and visit all the tourist attractions if someone would take loads of pictures  :D

Don't do it, Burdis. When confronted by someone dressed oddly and speaking in a way they don't understand, the Met shoot first and ask questions later.

Excellent idea for a thread. No mithering arseholes here, but any help in answering their queries and increasing the post count can only help the film's profile:

http://www.bleedingcool.com/forums/front-page-comic-news/59662-set-dredd-see-man-himself-judge-anderson-some-mega-city-shopfronts-2.html#post369435

JOE SOAP

New article on Dredd that's coming from a better angle:

Why 2012′s Big Superhero Movies Shouldn't Overshadow Dredd!

http://whatculture.com/film/why-2012s-big-superhero-movies-shouldnt-overshadow-dredd.php