Main Menu

Karl Urban - Thank you for brilliant performance as Dredd!

Started by Goaty, 10 January, 2013, 03:55:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Goaty

If this message get to Urban or his agent/families, want to say many thanks for your brilliant acting/performance of Judge Dredd! You are the Dredd!

And why I am posting it, as Total Film got new feature about Oscars 2013 15 shameful snubs, guess what at number 15?

Best Actor – Karl Urban (Dredd)

If Daniel Day Lewis can be nominated for his perfect representation of Lincoln, then why can't Karl Urban for his dead-on impersonation of Judge Joe Dredd?

And if you're talking about acting challenges, there aren't many tougher tasks than building a character who has the top half of his head hidden for the duration of the movie. 

Again, it's not like we were expecting this one, but in a perfect world, Urban would be practising his speech as we write this.

We'd hope it would make use of the word 'creep.'

http://www.totalfilm.com/features/oscars-2013-15-shameful-snubs/best-actor-karl-urban-dredd

radiator

Colin YNWA

I mean it was never going to happen but they make a very, very good point about managing to turn in a performance with a chuffin' helmet on throughout.

Mind I assume (I've not seem the film) Daniel Day Lewis had to art with a very tall hat?

Stan

Quote from: radiator on 10 January, 2013, 04:09:42 PM
Dredd should be up for 'Best Exploding Heads'.

With Seven Psychopaths being the only competition. Their's wasn't followed by a 'muthafucka!' though.

Goaty

Quote from: Colin_YNWA on 10 January, 2013, 04:09:47 PM
Mind I assume (I've not seem the film) Daniel Day Lewis had to art with a very tall hat?

Cos it hadn't out in UK yet. Or with big beard?

Hoagy

By the numbers they could have dismissed the performance as obscure arthouse movie roll but this is very telling that he's up there and he's making a difference. And turning heads. It's good that official go to brochures are praising it through a glut of misinformed no shows at the box off, take the film as a serious contender in modern cinema and a representative of an as of last year, verifiable chapter in comic history.

"bULLshit Mr Hand man!"
"Man, you come right out of a comic book. "
Previously Krombasher.

https://www.deviantart.com/fantasticabstract

COMMANDO FORCES

von Boom

Karl should definitely win the award for Best Smoky Silhouette.

Also the award for Best Enforced Freefall.

Hoagy

QuoteDidn't you watch Extras!

No, but I did watch For Your Consideration. Is that along the same roads you're driving at?
"bULLshit Mr Hand man!"
"Man, you come right out of a comic book. "
Previously Krombasher.

https://www.deviantart.com/fantasticabstract

IndigoPrime

Given that Sony refused to even put Moon forward for consideration when Sam Rockwell put in a performance that at the very least should have seen him shortlisted, I can't say I'm surprised Dredd's not going for the golden gongs.

shaolin_monkey

Quote from: Judge von Boom on 10 January, 2013, 04:36:27 PM
Karl should definitely win the award for Best Smoky Silhouette.

Also the award for Best Enforced Freefall.

Best Understatements 'No.'  'Yeah.'   'Drug bust.'

JOE SOAP

Steve DGenerate

Quote from: JOE SOAP on 10 January, 2013, 05:33:55 PM

A Krill Tro Thargo is worth more.

In comparison to an Oscar, I know which one I'd prefer.  ;)

radiator