Main Menu

DREDD movie tie in video game!!!!

Started by COMMANDO FORCES, 28 December, 2010, 08:28:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

COMMANDO FORCES

I was just wondering if there will be a tie-in game for the new Dredd film and if there is, then I presume it must be in production at the moment (seeing as these things take a while).

Anyone games related know how long one of these things take to make?

I just know that if there is then I'll be buying a new console just to play one game and to grab the shop standees  ;)

JOE SOAP

I'd rather have tie-in water-pistol and spud-gun Lawgivers.

COMMANDO FORCES

Health and Safety may stop the Spud Gun  :'(

Peter Wolf

I am not sure this film has a big enough budget or a big enough profile to launch a new JD game but since Rebellion own the rights and produce games that makes it a bit more likely.

A JD game with JD being trapped inside a block surrounded by hostiles with different floors of the building being different levels that get more difficult would be a good idea for a game.I have often found that movie tie in games are often shoddy and crap so you wouldnt want the opportunity for a new JD game being wasted by shameless opportunism like that.Also if the film is a success then it might mean a new game sometime after the film rather than a tie in which might be a better idea.
Worthing Bazaar - A fete worse than death

CraveNoir

Wasn't there a whisper a few months ago that there was a Dredd-related game in the preliminary stages? Whether it's gone beyond that is anyone's guess outside of Rebellion HQ.

JOE SOAP

Mega-City-One Monopoly, you know it's right.

HdE

Quote from: JOE SOAP on 28 December, 2010, 08:37:35 PM
I'd rather have tie-in water-pistol and spud-gun Lawgivers.

Does the spud gun fires several different varieties of spud?
Check out my DA page! Point! Laugh!
http://hde2009.deviantart.com/

strontium71

...because I hate you.

JOE SOAP

Cheese & onion, salt & vinegar, prawn cocktail...

Keef Monkey

Providing they've done their planning they could turn it around in a year, but you'd need at least double that to do a good job of it I reckon (which is why most movie games tend to whiff a bit).

Would love to see another Dredd game, and it would be sensible to release it when the film is being hyped as that's when curious people will start picking up GN's etc.

Would hope it would be another game set in the comic universe and riding on the movie's hype, rather than a game based on the movie. They could still get Urban to do the voice acting though, the Punisher game was based on the comics but got Tom Jane in which I thought was a nice touch.

Dandontdare

Quote from: Peter Wolf on 28 December, 2010, 09:19:30 PM
Rebellion own the rights and produce games that makes it a bit more likely...... A JD game with JD being trapped inside a block surrounded by hostiles with different floors of the building being different levels that get more difficult would be a good idea for a game.

A more cynical man may wonder if this is the thinking behind the script!

With modern action movies (esp the superhero types) I like playing "spot the bit that's only been added for the game tie in" - anything involving racing along a tunnel or conveyor belt with blades and/or explosions is a common one.

James Stacey

Quote from: Dandontdare on 29 December, 2010, 10:35:45 AM
With modern action movies (esp the superhero types) I like playing "spot the bit that's only been added for the game tie in" - anything involving racing along a tunnel or conveyor belt with blades and/or explosions is a common one.
And the entirety of the Star Wars prequels

Dandontdare

That was exactly the one I had in mind - that interminable bloody pod race!

TordelBack

Quote from: Dandontdare on 29 December, 2010, 11:09:32 AM
That was exactly the one I had in mind - that interminable bloody pod race!

I don't think an extended race sequence was out of character for Lucas when he got the opportunity to do one, as an obsessive motor racing fan and the creator of American Graffiti.  (Check out the similarity between the speeder Anakin commandeers in AotC and the '32 Ford Coupe in AG).  Not saying the podrace wasn't a plug for a dull game, but it wasn't just one.

JOE SOAP

The factory -rather than the Phantom Pod Race- in AOTC was the most blatant and the most pointless ad for gamers that also stuck out like a sore thumb.

Now Star Wars has always been a 2 hour ad for the exterior merchandise but when the story/scenes in the films become an endorsement and demo for that merch, rather than just a vital part of the film, it's time to bow out of the flicks.