Main Menu

1984 2000AD annual help...

Started by Leigh S, 04 May, 2015, 09:44:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Leigh S

Hello people. Could someone with access to theeir 1984 2000AD annual check something out for me - I'm in the process of doing the next round of Stront Case file write ups for Dogbreath and while googling Robin Smith the following comes up:

http://www.comics.org/issue/596734/

Basically, there appears to be a Stront text story in the 1984 annual that isnt mentioned on Barney - racking my brain to recall anything about it - so to save a man with a bad back and new landing carpet a trip to the loft, can anyone confirm the existence of said strip

With it not being on Barney, if it does exist, it has been overlooked for the case files reprints - maybe one for a later volume?

Thanks!

ZenArcade

Ed is dead, baby Ed is...Ed is dead

Leigh S

Cheers Zen - noty going to get a chance before then myself, so if you can confirm the existence of "The Iraldi Job" then it would be much appreciated - it's not ringing any bells at all!

Bolt-01

Sneck- don't have a copy of the '84 annual. Sorry.

Leigh S

No worries Bolt... as I sit here, I'm either getting a false memory of it, or ti does exist!  Quite exciting to think theres a story I can;t recall a darned thing about - be like reading it for the first time maybe!  JH Teed is the listed writer - is that a Wagner/Grant pseudonym?

ming

Quote from: Leigh S on 04 May, 2015, 09:54:57 PM
Cheers Zen - noty going to get a chance before then myself, so if you can confirm the existence of "The Iraldi Job" then it would be much appreciated - it's not ringing any bells at all!

Yup - a six page text story (pp. 121-126) with illustrations by Robin Smith.  Curiously, the script is credited to J.H. Teed and the art to Chiaroscuro.  If you need a scan for perusal just give me a shout.

Leigh S

Wow - great service Ming - a scan would be rather good if thats allowed - you have my email?

Just googling JH Teed:

http://www.amazon.com/Sky-Fire-Gunships-No-4/dp/0821718797

maryanddavid

ming

Quote from: Leigh S on 04 May, 2015, 10:06:02 PM
Wow - great service Ming - a scan would be rather good if thats allowed - you have my email?

All done - hope you enjoy the trip down No-memory-of-this-whatsoever Lane.

:)

Leigh S

All hail the power of the Hive Mind!  Cheers Ming - theres something that needs updating on Barney!

ZenArcade

Ed is dead, baby Ed is...Ed is dead

Leigh S

Quote from: maryanddavid on 04 May, 2015, 10:18:56 PM
JH Teed = Chris Lowder

Cheers - thought it sounded like a familiar pseudonym!