Main Menu

The Sci-Fi & Fantasy League

Started by Oddboy, 10 December, 2003, 08:16:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DavidXBrunt

In that case I'll pick John Wagner.

If it's of interest I'll work out a pricing structure and see if you think it works. If you do we could start again.

I'll give it a go anyway.

ukdane

Everybody gets 10 points.

New characters/droids cost 5 points.

Starting prices:

For every year it's been since a character/droid appeared in 2000ad/meg, -1 with the minimum cost being 1 point.

Any character/droid that has appeared within the last year +1.

Any character/droid that has already been announced as appearing at some point in 2004 +1 point.

Price changed over the year:

A one off appearance in 2000ad = +2

A one off appearance is Meg = +1

An ongoing appearance (longer than 1 episode) in 2000ad = +3

An ongoing appearance (longer than 1 episode) in Meg =+4

Players can accumulate points over their starting 10 points.

When a player sells a character/droid, they get the current value for the character/droid that they sell.

Buying a character/droid is done at the current market price.

Additional rules (could) follow....
Cheers

-Daney

Oddboy

Okay - but change "points" to "creds".

How about the winner is the person with the most creds at the end of the year - rather then who's had the most appearances.
Not sure about letting people change selections whenever they want - would be all too easy to pick up whoever happens to be in next week's prog.
Better set your phaser to stun.

Trout

Er, okay. Complex.

How about we just enter and you pull all the names out of a hat?

- Trout

Oddboy

I'm liking Trouts idea best so far.
Can we get a monkey to pull the names out of a hat?

DavidXBrunt

Yeah, for everyone that wants to enter a script droid, art droid, and character is entered into a pool and then draws are made. That sounds a lot better.

Oddboy

In fact - YES. Executive decision, as per royal decree. Anyone posting *anything* to this thread will be given a scriptdroid, artdroid & character at random.

Like it or lump it.

I'll re-assess the rules, and you'll have to like or lump those too.

Dudley

Like it - the other is far too complex and made my head hurt.

Dudley
(In anticipation of getting the randomly-drawn triple TB Grover, Yan Shimony and Flesh)

Oddboy

Once I know how many people are entering I'll draw up a list of "liklies" - I'll try not to give anyone Belladineli.

Trout

Sir Oddboy, remember to whom your allegiance lies when you begin this year's cheatery.

- Trout, pleased to confirm he is always right

Oddboy

Promise, there was no cheatery (unless Tharg, wanting me to win, commissioned DAbnett to produce more scripts).

stodge

i'll rear my lurking head to be added to next years competition as this years has been strangely addictive and has been responsible for me deserting my very busy job (the reason i have to lurk now) to pop in and check up on things....

stodge (hopes to leave lurker mode some time in the new year)

odders, try and be kind to a fellow member of the 534 club ;o)....not that i'm implying that you will cheat of course.

Oddboy

Nice to see you again Stodge!

*NO CHEATING*

Woolly

http://www.chipheads.com/images/confused%20guy.gif">

Oddboy

CAN I JUST ADD:

NEWBIES WELCOME!

If you're not sure what's going on - it's a competition (loosely) based on Fantasy Football - you pick a fantasy creative team & get points for their appearance in 2000AD.

Check out the website linked below for this years current scores - Just post something on this thread if you want in.

Link: http://homepage.ntlworld.com/kathan/prog534/league.html" target="_blank">The league tables