Main Menu

Bolland art with a 3D twist.

Started by atp, 30 September, 2012, 02:21:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

atp

I always thought that the Bolland origins cover would look great in 3D, so with the movie out I decided it was time to have a go at adding a 3D effect to a classic cover image. You will unfortunately need those red & blue glasses to see it properly.

The freedom of choice should be compulsory

Neil McClements

My daughter has some of these glasses so I took a look and it's surprisingly well done. It works very well. 

Spikes

Now that is pretty darn good. Nice one, apt.

Heath C Ackley

"Give a man a mask and he will give you the truth."

SmallBlueThing

I'm using my red/blue glasses from the US DVD release of Night of the Living Dead 3D- and if I wear them normally with the red lens over my right eye it doesn't work at all. But if I put them on backwards and the red lens is over my left eye, it all slots into place and is bloody fantastic! Excellent stuff, and I now request you 3D-ify every single 2000AD cover!

SBT

M.I.K.

Quote from: SmallBlueThing on 30 September, 2012, 08:39:41 PM
I'm using my red/blue glasses from the US DVD release of Night of the Living Dead 3D- and if I wear them normally with the red lens over my right eye it doesn't work at all. But if I put them on backwards and the red lens is over my left eye, it all slots into place and is bloody fantastic!

Weird... The red is usually on the left, but an image search confirms NOTLD 3D have them the other way round. It's the only thing I can find that does have them that way round.

I now believe SBT's usual contrariness is some kind of supernatural power that affects everything in his immediate vicinity.

Or something.

Jimmy Baker's Assistant

Some old school 3D glasses came with my Coraline DVD, so I gave it a try.

No 3D effect at all for me, just blurriness and colour distortion.  :(

In fact, that's more or less exactly what happened when I tried to watch the 3D version of the film. Guess I may be immune to that type of 3D, but luckily the more modern equivalent, as used by the Dredd movie, seems to work for me.

vzzbux

Drokking since 1972

Peace is a lie, there's only passion.
Through passion, I gain strength.
Through strength I gain power.
Through power, I gain victory.
Through victory, my chains are broken.

M.I.K.

Quote from: Jimmy Baker's Assistant on 30 September, 2012, 09:25:02 PM

What colour are the lenses?

atp

Quote from: Jimmy Baker's Assistant on 30 September, 2012, 09:25:02 PM

As far as the glasses go you need the red & Blue ones, also the red is usually on the left side these are the most common. Coraline had a Magenta / Green lens set up and that's why the don't work.

Quote from: SmallBlueThing on 30 September, 2012, 08:39:41 PM
I now request you 3D-ify every single 2000AD cover!

SBT
For a second there the thought flashed through my mind, and then I got my sanity back.
Thanks for the positive remarks one and all, very encouraging, going to have another go so I'm working on the Jock Dredd right now, the one with him pointing his lawgiver straight at you.
The freedom of choice should be compulsory

Danbell

It worked with my LOEG: Black Dossier glasses!

IAMTHESYSTEM

"You may live to see man-made horrors beyond your comprehension."

http://artriad.deviantart.com/
― Nikola Tesla

Jimmy Baker's Assistant

Stupid Coraline "3D".

Quote from: Danbell on 01 October, 2012, 05:12:43 PM
It worked with my LOEG: Black Dossier glasses!

I forgot I had those!

Tried them instead and it does indeed work pretty well. Nicely done, atp!

COMMANDO FORCES

It doesn't work with my DREDD3D glasses  :'(