Main Menu

Favourite Art Droid CLASSIC - POOL 2 Qualifying

Started by Colin YNWA, 20 October, 2020, 06:27:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Colin YNWA

Select your two favourite droids form the list of 10 below (I know, I know. No one said it was going to be easy) pop those names in a post in this thread and in three days (Friday 23rd October) I'll count up the votes and the two droids with the highest counts will qualify for the tourney proper when it starts.

So that's nominating your 2 favourite droids by clearly naming them in a reply to this thread... want to know more. Well there's some linkies below the list.

John Ridgway - more info

Dermot Power - more info

Jason Brashill - more info

Will Simpson - more info

Edmund Bagwell - more info

Garry Leach - more info

Adrian Salmon - more info

Laurence Campbell - more info

Duncan Fregrado - more info

Frank Quitely - more info

What the hell is all this? Find out more about the Art Droid Tourneys

Whose in the two different tourneys?
Entrants in the Classic Art Droids Tourney

Entrants in the Current Art Droids Tourney (eventually took me like 3 or 4 goes to get the list right!)

Rules for what they are worth

Anything else just ask and I'll make something up.

rogue69

Magnetica

abelardsnazz

John Ridgway, for his incredibly atmospheric art on so many stories, from Dice Man to the Dead Man to Luke Kirby.

The late Edmund Bagwell, for Cradlegrave, one of if not the creepiest story in the Prog's history.

The Legendary Shark

[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

SmallBlueThing(Reborn)

Greg M.

John Ridgway is the immediate pick, and a personal favourite - The Dead Man, Summer Magic and the unforgettable Raggedy Man are all classics of the highest order.
The second choice is tougher, but I'll go for Mr. Kitsune - Edmund Bagwell. As with Weston in the other thread, he gave John Smith's fevered dreams a grounding in reality. Plus - Joovs N the Hood!

Tomwe

Aaaagh. Er, argh, er...

OK, even based on just his work at the time (and nothing since) Frank Quietly gets first pick.

The next one is more difficult. I love Fregrado but his prog work is very limited.

It's a tossup between Ridgeway and Simpson...

No, I love War Machine, but Dead Man and Luke Kirby are stellar.

John Ridgway

AlexF

John Ridgway all the time
And Edmund Bagwell - he actually made me interested in reading the 10 Seconders.
-lot more consensus on this thread than I'd've expected.

paddykafka

broodblik

When I die, I want to die like my grandfather who died peacefully in his sleep. Not screaming like all the passengers in his car.

Old age is the Lord's way of telling us to step aside for something new. Death's in case we didn't take the hint.

Bolt-01

Daveycandlish

An old-school, no-bullshit, boys-own action/adventure comic reminiscent of the 2000ads and Eagles and Warlords and Battles and other glorious black-and-white comics that were so, so cool in the 70's and 80's - Buy the hardback Christmas Annual!

Funt Solo

Raggedy Man Ridgway and Frank "Shimura" Quitely for me, thanks.
++ A-Z ++  coma ++

Andy B

Ridgway and Bagwell. But that list is ridiculously over-talented!