Main Menu

Favourite Art Droid CLASSIC - POOL 5 Qualifying

Started by Colin YNWA, 23 October, 2020, 06:48:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Colin YNWA

Select your two favourite droids form the list of 10 below (I know, I know. No one said it was going to be easy) pop those names in a post in this thread and in three days (Monday 26th October) I'll count up the votes and the two droids with the highest counts will qualify for the tourney proper when it starts.

These decisions have been TOUGH so we'll have a quick break over the weekend and be back up first thing Monday morning. Have fun until then.

So that's nominating your 2 favourite droids by clearly naming them in a reply to this thread... want to know more. Well there's some linkies below the list.

Robin Smith - more info

Jesus Redondo - more info

Mike Collins - more info

Colin Wilson - more info

Mike Hadley - more info

Jose Casanovas - more info

Jim Murray - more info

Lee Sullivan - more info

David Bircham - more info

David Pugh - more info

What the hell is all this? Find out more about the Art Droid Tourneys

Whose in the two different tourneys?
Entrants in the Classic Art Droids Tourney

Entrants in the Current Art Droids Tourney (eventually took me like 3 or 4 goes to get the list right!)

Rules for what they are worth

Anything else just ask and I'll make something up.

Bolt-01

SmallBlueThing(Reborn)

Magnetica

First of all I'm going for the criminally under rated David Pugh. The recurring criticism seems to be "your arts not as good as Glenn Fabry".

Well firstly, who's is? And secondly I really liked his episodes. If anything I preferred his depiction of the Guledig and Elfric. He also did an incredible Slaine warp spasm page with him holding a chariot with blades on the axles.

In second place I'm going Slaine again with Mike Collins. Again I think he is under rated and did a great job on what was positioned as a fill in strip in Spoils of Annwn, which was actually great.

broodblik

When I die, I want to die like my grandfather who died peacefully in his sleep. Not screaming like all the passengers in his car.

Old age is the Lord's way of telling us to step aside for something new. Death's in case we didn't take the hint.

ming

It has to be Colin Wilson and Jesus Redondo for me, although I was a bit torn between Redondo and Casanovas; the Max Normal stories and Robo-Tales are so, so good but on balance Redondo wins out.

Greg M.

There are three guys here I'd lean towards, and the runner-up is Mike Collins - Spoils of Annwn is my favourite Slaine story. But the actual votes are for Colin Wilson and Jesus Redondo. Wilson's work is clean, technological and new wave - very European for a gent from NZ; Redondo's speaks of power and pain and monstrosity.

Dark Jimbo

@jamesfeistdraws

AlexF

Jesus Redondo all the way, the second place tussle much tougher but I'm going David Pugh, for the exact reasons Magnetica said. His Guledig was the gooeist and most enjoyably evil character design of my youth - even more than Talbot's ecto-Torque!

Tomwe

Jesus Redondo & Colin Wilson . Quite the list to choose from today. Kudos to all these other classic droids!

paddykafka

broodblik

Quote from: Magnetica on 23 October, 2020, 08:20:38 AM
In second place I'm going Slaine again with Mike Collins. Again I think he is under rated and did a great job on what was positioned as a fill in strip in Spoils of Annwn, which was actually great.

As I recall he did not work on his own he worked with Mark Farmer.
When I die, I want to die like my grandfather who died peacefully in his sleep. Not screaming like all the passengers in his car.

Old age is the Lord's way of telling us to step aside for something new. Death's in case we didn't take the hint.

abelardsnazz

Jesus Redondo, whose work on Nemesis is often overlooked. Return to Armageddon and his many Future Shocks are great too.

David Pugh, who did some great work on Slaine.

credo

Robin Smith and Colin Wilson

It was only reading through the Rogue Nu-Earth trade collections that I realised how much Wilson defined what I think of when I think of Rogue Trooper.

broodblik

Colin Wilson was the first artists that took-over from Dave Gibbons on Rogue. The "Ascent to Buzzard-Three" was his first Rogue story.