Main Menu

Rogue Trooper Short

Started by Steve Green, 10 April, 2018, 09:33:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Steve Green

https://twitter.com/_RogueTrooper/status/983794756080807939

Not by the Minty/Stront team, but I acted as VFX supervisor on this, sorting out Rogue's eyes, all the compositing etc.

The guy behind it has worked as a stuntman/supervisor on some big features.

Mardroid

Great stuff Steve. A nice taster. I look forward to seeing that.

Steve Green

Cheers Chris, will be good to get it out there.

Molch-R

Hi Steve, could you ask your contact to drop us a line ASAP, please?

Ta.

Steve Green

Tjm86

.... er, that doesn't sound good.  Is it possible someone has forgotten something?   :o

sheridan

Quote from: Tjm86 on 11 April, 2018, 10:56:10 AM
.... er, that doesn't sound good.  Is it possible someone has forgotten something?   :o
Reading between the lines I'd say it's Rebellion having to protect its IP while still allowing fans to produce non-profit films.  At least that's what I hope it is!

James Stacey

There's no disclaimer in that trailer to say the right of the character are owned by 2000ad/Rebellion.

Tjm86

That's what I'm hoping; it's just an administrative snafu that results from a lack of experience or familiarity in these things.  As you say, Sheridan, Rebellion do need to assert their rights.

Steve Green

A snippet of Oscar Wright's storyboards.

Colin YNWA

All looks very well done and I see there's a statement of Rebellion's ownership, credit for the creators and not for profit thingie at the end there. Suspect this was what Molch-R was after!

Steve Green

Sure, it was always in the film itself but I'm just the VFX monkey on this one, they didn't approach me until shooting and assembly edit was done.

sheridan

*sigh of relief* glad things are all amicable, and look forward to seeing the film!

Steve Green

I couldn't honestly say one way or the other, it's not me handling things.