Main Menu

***SPOILER-TASTIC Star Wars III: Revenge of the Sith Thread***

Started by ukdane, 21 May, 2005, 02:30:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

paulvonscott

Everything has come to pass as predicted.

Not the wealth of detail, which will keep fans watching for years to come.  I saw a lot, which had little to do with the story, but a lot to do with star wars, and missed even more I suspect.  

It was a mixture of the good and bad, dull and exciting, fun and ridiculous.  Part of me enjoyed it, part didn't.  But for me, as exciting or as good as it got, it rarely came across with any power or drama.  

There were no binary sunsets, there was no 'let's blow this place and go home kid', no 'use the force', no 'I know' or 'now you shall die' with Darth Vader making his impossible choice.

Finally I have seen it, and it is over.

Thank fuck.

Art

Wow, Chewbaccas insertion into the story was spectacularly random. He just wants in on the toy line, the big whore.

itsbeensolongicantremembermybastardusername

'Order 66'. Is there any significance in this number? Or is just a shite name for a code?

LARF

I finally saw this last night and well....

...it rocks. It is THE best opening to any Star Wars Film, including New Hope, it's gritty. moving and apart from some bizarre wooden acting - the kid in the jedi Temple, 'Nooooooo' and a few McGregorism's. I love the way Lucas has intertwined Anakin losing his mother to the reason he goes to the dark side to try and protect Padme, and in doing so this is Padme's undoing - which leads me to question the dream of Padme, was this a deliberate plant by Palpatine? or was it a true view of the future, bearing in mind he would not have gone over to the darkside if he had not had the dream therefore that future should not have existed at the time....?

House of Usher

I thought I would just pop up on this thread and say "me too".

I finally got round to seeing the film last night. I haven't much to say that hasn't been said already. I think it was the best of the three, and it had some good bits and some bad bits. It started really well with that spectacular battle sequence and didn't really start to get rubbish until Anakin and Obi Wan returned with the rescued Chancellor. That resulted in some truly rubbish dialogue between the Chancellor and that Senator bloke, some wooden acting and some gratuitous standing around.

As Padme flew off to the lava planet I did turn to my partner and say "there surely can't be much more of this?"

Anyway, better than Phantom Menace or Attack of The Clones (Of course!). I actually came away from this one glad I'd seen it.
STRIKE !!!