Main Menu

Dredd (2012)

Started by Goaty, 06 September, 2011, 11:51:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JOE SOAP

Steve Green

Stunned.

Why bother?

You may as well shoot a plate without the van and save yourself the effort of having to remove it.

dracula1

All good so far. Some lovely guerilla style promo utilising GIF files and showreel footage and positive words from two big names in the know. Thanks Michael and Jock.

Mardroid

Quote from: Steve Green on 12 February, 2012, 11:49:52 PM
Stunned.

Why bother?

You may as well shoot a plate without the van and save yourself the effort of having to remove it.

I'm not knowledgeable in these thing, but maybe it's just to provide a focus for the stunt guys on the bike, or pedestrians making it easier to act/react, rather than just doing it to nothing.  Or maybe it's due to it's effect on the environment, dust flying up, etc.

Probably more the former than the latter as dust effects can be done pretty well nowadays post production.

Anyway, I'm glad they're replacing the van. Near contemporary setting or not, that was just a bit much.

JOE SOAP

Quote from: Mardroid on 12 February, 2012, 11:58:39 PMI'm not knowledgeable in these thing, but maybe it's just to provide a focus for the stunt guys on the bike, or pedestrians making it easier to act/react, rather than just doing it to nothing.

There's other ways of doing that so that save you the hassle of rotoscoping.

JOE SOAP

Quote from: dracula1 on 12 February, 2012, 11:55:59 PM
All good so far. Some lovely guerilla style promo utilising GIF files and showreel footage

I don't think there was any steering mastermind behind the release of the footage, sheer leakage. It's been pulled.

Michaelvk

Big? That's very kind, but I'd hardly say I'm a big name..  :-[
You have never felt pain until you've trodden barefoot on an upturned lego brick..

Misanthrope

Quote from: Michaelvk on 13 February, 2012, 12:06:22 AM
Big? That's very kind, but I'd hardly say I'm a big name..  :-[
[/quote

You are now to 2000ad fans.
Did you know Christ was a werewolf?

Stan

I think he was talking about Joe.

Stan

A pun which would've worked had Michael not been mentioned by name.

Steve Green

Quote from: Mardroid on 12 February, 2012, 11:58:39 PM
Quote from: Steve Green on 12 February, 2012, 11:49:52 PM
Stunned.

Why bother?

I'm not knowledgeable in these thing, but maybe it's just to provide a focus for the stunt guys on the bike, or pedestrians making it easier to act/react, rather than just doing it to nothing.  Or maybe it's due to it's effect on the environment, dust flying up, etc.

Probably more the former than the latter as dust effects can be done pretty well nowadays post production.

Anyway, I'm glad they're replacing the van. Near contemporary setting or not, that was just a bit much.

That comp already had some dust added to it by the looks of things. It's a bit weird that it's already gone through one stage of comping with having the background added etc, but not had the main vehicle put in.

Unless with a second revision they thought that the chase needed the van replacing - I really don't see why though, from all the other vehicle stuff I just don't really see the point, unless they're replacing the ambulance etc.

JOE SOAP

Quote from: Steve Green on 13 February, 2012, 12:16:45 AM

Unless with a second revision they thought that the chase needed the van replacing - I really don't see why though, from all the other vehicle stuff I just don't really see the point, unless they're replacing the ambulance etc.

It had crossed my mind but I don't want to go down that road.

dracula1

Quote from: JOE SOAP on 13 February, 2012, 12:05:20 AM
Quote from: dracula1 on 12 February, 2012, 11:55:59 PM
All good so far. Some lovely guerilla style promo utilising GIF files and showreel footage

I don't think there was any steering mastermind behind the release of the footage, sheer leakage. It's been pulled.

Possibly ... but any promo is good for increasing  public awareness.  Some Films with a bit of  pre-release notoriety have gone on to do well in the past.

The Sherman Kid

Quote from: jock on 12 February, 2012, 11:23:54 PM
Quote from: Steve Green on 12 February, 2012, 12:14:46 PM
Quote from: chuffsteruk on 12 February, 2012, 12:11:21 PM
Regarding the 20th century van in the chase clip-perhaps it's a stand in van,pre-fx,much like the motorcycles in this behind the scenes clip from Terminator Salvation`?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QjrbYD32toM

No.

Yes

Thank Grud for that.

CYCLOPZ

Quote from: jock on 12 February, 2012, 11:23:54 PM
Quote from: Steve Green on 12 February, 2012, 12:14:46 PM
Quote from: chuffsteruk on 12 February, 2012, 12:11:21 PM
Regarding the 20th century van in the chase clip-perhaps it's a stand in van,pre-fx,much like the motorcycles in this behind the scenes clip from Terminator Salvation`?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QjrbYD32toM

No.

Yes

Wonder if they'll do the same for the lawmasters. ::)