Main Menu

Does my Art look big in this?

Started by staticgirl, 10 February, 2010, 02:33:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SIP

Thanks so much chaps, really appreciate the positive comments! 😊

The Legendary Shark

I was working on a story idea about a starship captain getting accidentally jettisoned in an escape pod with an engineer's mate (third class) and an evil cat. The following image was almost complete when I realised that it's just Red Dwarf with the serial number filed off. Damn it.

[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

Woolly

Sharkey, that's ace!
You've captured the slacker slouch perfectly (trust me, I should know!  ;))

Zarjazzer

The Justice department has a good re-education programme-it's called five to ten in the cubes.

Old Tankie

The Legendary Shark

Thanks, chaps! "Evil Space Cat" story? Hmmmm....

[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

sheridan

Quote from: The Legendary Shark on 15 February, 2017, 03:16:56 PM
I was working on a story idea about a starship captain getting accidentally jettisoned in an escape pod with an engineer's mate (third class) and an evil cat. The following image was almost complete when I realised that it's just Red Dwarf with the serial number filed off. Damn it.

Don't worry about that basic premise sounding like Red Dwarf.

I've been watching a series lately about a group of people on the run who have taken command of the most advanced starship in the universe.

So, am I watching Blakes 7, Farscape or Lexx?  Three totally different series which bear little in common with each other apart from what I've said in that sentence!

The Legendary Shark

[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

sheridan

Quote from: The Legendary Shark on 17 February, 2017, 06:39:08 PM
Good point, Sheridan, thanks!

Speaking of which - misfits on a spaceship cast light years away from home and encountering strange and unusual situations as they head back across the galaxy towards Earth - Red Dwarf or Star Trek Voyager?

Add Star Wars Rebels and Firefly for similar starship-based adventures.  Misfits on the losing side of a past battle travel the systems, struggling to survive in a galaxy suddenly hostile to their cause?

sheridan

Quote from: sheridan on 17 February, 2017, 06:45:39 PM
Quote from: The Legendary Shark on 17 February, 2017, 06:39:08 PM
Good point, Sheridan, thanks!

Speaking of which - misfits on a spaceship cast light years away from home and encountering strange and unusual situations as they head back across the galaxy towards Earth - Red Dwarf or Star Trek Voyager?

Add Star Wars Rebels and Firefly for similar starship-based adventures.  Misfits on the losing side of a past battle travel the systems, struggling to survive in a galaxy suddenly hostile to their cause?

I feel a Venn diagram coming on...

IAMTHESYSTEM

One could be a cyber spy of the Authoritarian regime they're running from/fighting against posing as a rebel/freedom fighter/smuggler. It's got to be the cat.
"You may live to see man-made horrors beyond your comprehension."

http://artriad.deviantart.com/
― Nikola Tesla

The Legendary Shark

You do realise that I intend to borrow steal all these ideas...
[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

sheridan

Quote from: The Legendary Shark on 18 February, 2017, 10:30:15 AM
Taking ideas from one source is stealing, taking ideas from many sources is research.

IAMTHESYSTEM

Quote from: sheridan on 18 February, 2017, 11:35:03 AM
Quote from: The Legendary Shark on 18 February, 2017, 10:30:15 AM
Taking ideas from one source is stealing, taking ideas from many sources is research.

Once it's in the public domain -it's fair game! Oh, I should have been a Rap Star or a poet.
"You may live to see man-made horrors beyond your comprehension."

http://artriad.deviantart.com/
― Nikola Tesla

Tulio_Vilela