Main Menu

Cardiff Independent Comic Expo - Saturday July 8th, 2017

Started by Spikes, 25 April, 2017, 05:53:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Spikes

Been pondering over this for awhile, and have now booked myself a weekend in Cardiff to catch this.

Quite a tasty line-up, and will go a good way to satisfying those post-40th bash cravings.

Amongst others, the guest list will include; Ben Willsher, David Roach, Henry Flint, Dylan Teague, Jon Davis-Hunt, Rufus Dayglo, Patrick Goddard, Mike Collins.

Full details - here

I guess this has been running for a couple of years now, so are there any other forumites that will be attending this?

Spikes

Excellent!   :)  And a few other forumites are up for it as well, going by conversations elsewhere online.

Looking forward to this.

amines2058

I along with daughter should be there as well Spikes. Last went 2 years ago and it is a great event purely focused on comics and comic related merchandise. Very family friendly and generally a very friendly and personal feel to the event.

Bolt-01

I've done a couple of Cardiff gigs in the past and I really wish I'd got my behind in gear for this one as well.

David Broughton

I'll be going next week too. I'll be at my trading table sketching and selling my reasonably priced comics, Shaman Kane, Martillo, Detective Gallo and Spectre show (See attached pictures below)  :)

David Broughton

I've not had a chance to listen to this yet however Iz McAuliffe is chatting to Antony, Vince & Dan on the Awesome Comics Pod about the Cardiff Independent Comic Expo.  Parents be advised there is a little casual swearing by the lads.

http://awesomecomics.podbean.com/e/episode-105-cardiff-expo-convention-talk-wiz-mccauliffe/

Spikes

Quote from: amines2058 on 22 June, 2017, 07:25:00 AM
I along with daughter should be there as well Spikes. Last went 2 years ago and it is a great event purely focused on comics and comic related merchandise. Very family friendly and generally a very friendly and personal feel to the event.

Sounds cracking, and really looking forward to this.

Work has now finished, time to relax, and jumping on the train to Cardiff tomorrow. See you all there.

Old Tankie

Tjm86

Quote from: Spikes on 06 July, 2017, 05:31:42 PM

Work has now finished, time to relax, and jumping on the train to Cardiff tomorrow. See you all there.

Where are you coming from?  I know Cardiff is in Wales but a whole day to get there?

Old Tankie

hippynumber1

Absolutely superb! Very intimate and friendly. Plenty of time to get round and see everyone and chat.

Spikes

Quote from: hippynumber1 on 09 July, 2017, 01:35:35 PM
Absolutely superb! Very intimate and friendly. Plenty of time to get round and see everyone and chat.

^ Quoted for truth.

A cracking little convention and a brilliant weekend, all told. The droid's was on - their usual - top form, so came home with a lovely stash of signatures, sketches, and original art.

A bit of a schlep getting to Cardiff and back for me, but well worth it.   :thumbsup: