On
This
Firing
Are
Tharg
His
Prog
All

Rearrange the above to form a sentence that gives my Prog review.

All droids in cylinders are firing on Tharg and this, his Prog!

Robin Low

Well, as far as I'm concerned, that's an all-time-great moment in Dredd history.

However, I've been viewing this apparent distrust of Hershey as a ploy on Dredd's part to protect her. Being seen as a friend of Dredd is not always healthy and he'd rather keep someone he does trust in such an important position. But Prog 2107 may have proved me wrong already, so I'm avoiding that thread.

Regards,

Robin

TordelBack

Yup,  sounds good to me - by publicly rejecting her authority he establishes her as completely blameless in whatever subsequent actions he takes. He also reduces her value to Smiley as leverage against him. And if it does turn out that she's conniving with Smiley/the assassins (unlikely), he's started the ball rolling for her removal (does anyone ever survive ignoring Dredd's advice? Well,  Francisco,  I suppose, but not unscathed... ). Potentially a surprisingly deep play from I-just-hit-things-until-they-break.

Robin Low

Quote from: TordelBack on 11 November, 2018, 01:52:59 PMPotentially a surprisingly deep play from I-just-hit-things-until-they-break.

Yes, but it would play nicely against Smiley's condescending observation, " But you are not a strategist, Joseph. You never were. Never one step ahead... and I say that with the greatest respect".

I think Dredd realised back in Trifecta what he was up against and has upped his game. At least that's what I'm hoping.

Regards,

Robin

BPP

Quote from: Geoff on 04 November, 2018, 12:31:09 PM
Quote from: Richard on 04 November, 2018, 11:18:52 AM

(However if Dredd's magic horse turns up again to save the day, I'll be disappointed. That was the most ridiculous deux ex machina ever.)

At last someone mentions that horse again!

I was pretty unimpressed with all that ice creature business but then that horse turning up... that was a bit of a piss take.

The ice theme is clearly part of this story too...if the foam on Smiley's latte is anything to go by...although of course it's tea

Titan and Enceladus are Rob Williams doing 80s action hero dredd. Titan starts off like aliens or predator and ends up a prison exploitation flick. Enceladus is The Thing. As such a horse turning up is completely en point.

I thought those strips were the best Dredd in years - certainly since Trifecta. And good to note how Enceladus focuses on Dredd saving the chief judge at the risk to his own life to now he's done with her. All of which Williams has gently seeded over the recent years. Fantastic stuff. And this run is really blowing it all out of the water too. Love it. Hope it goes on for 20 more weeks.

If I'd known it was harmless I would have killed it myself.

http://futureshockd.wordpress.com/

http://twitter.com/#!/FutureShockd