Main Menu

Modern Life Is Rubbish

Started by Supreme Pizza Of The DPRK, 20 April, 2017, 01:59:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Legendary Shark

Most people don't know they know that...
[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

Rara Avis

I miss original flavour Monster Munch .. although I could not tell you what that was .. spicy?

Hawkmumbler

I'd have to say, as a gay man i'm unequivivly going to say theres never been a better time to live. It's still fucking dreadful in most parts of the wirld, but we're collectivly getting there.

Mattofthespurs

Quote from: Rara Avis on 03 May, 2017, 03:51:23 PM
I miss original flavour Monster Munch .. although I could not tell you what that was .. spicy?

Beef. The ones in the yellow packet, the originals, were beef.

I, Cosh

Quote from: Mattofthespurs on 04 May, 2017, 08:01:05 AM
Not to worry though, as pickled onion (scientifically proven to be the best) are still available.
We never really die.

Pyroxian

Quote from: I, Cosh on 04 May, 2017, 08:32:04 AM
Quote from: Mattofthespurs on 04 May, 2017, 08:01:05 AM
Not to worry though, as pickled onion (scientifically proven to be the best) are still available.

So are Beef, so all is right with world. Science knows nothing though as MM rankings are clearly Spicy > Pickled > Beef .

MM is still massive, unlike most crisps / chocolate bars which have shrunk alarmingly as I've got older (esp. Curly Wurlys)

Dog Deever

Quote from: Pyroxian on 04 May, 2017, 02:49:52 PM
So are Beef, so all is right with world. Science knows nothing though as MM rankings are clearly Spicy > Pickled > Beef .

MM is still massive, unlike most crisps / chocolate bars which have shrunk alarmingly as I've got older (esp. Curly Wurlys)

Maybe the bars just look smaller because you're bigger?

Anyway- it's definitely Pickled Onion > Beef > Spicy.
:)
Just a little rough and tumble, Judge man.

Greg M.

Aside from Beef being the superior flavour, it has by far and away the best monster. The big pink fella is the true icon of the Munch.

NapalmKev

Quote from: Pyroxian on 04 May, 2017, 02:49:52 PM

/ chocolate bars which have shrunk alarmingly as I've got older (esp. Curly Wurlys)

You're not wrong! I've worked in  a Cash and Carry for the last 15 years and chocolate bars have been decreasing in size and gaining in price - the chief culprit being Cadbury's (Kraft Foods).

Now Haribo have jumped on the band wagon by making all of their £1.00 bags smaller.

Big business is great!

Cheers
"Where once you fought to stop the trap from closing...Now you lay the bait!"

The Legendary Shark

There's a Monster Munch factory in Skelmersdale - the stink that comes out of it sometimes is awful. It smells like warm vomit on a bed of rancid fat. (Doesn't stop me snaffling my way through MM multi-packs, though.)
[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

Rara Avis

The original spicy flavour was the best. They changed in sometimes in the 90s and they just don't taste the same.

I'm not 100% sure it was called spicy flavour though. I'm not sure I've had the beef or pickled onions ones.
If you want pickled onion crisps it's Meanies all the way. My absolute favourite crisps are Hot Lips though and they remain unchanged thank Grud.

M.I.K.

Quote from: Rara Avis on 04 May, 2017, 06:11:43 PM
The original spicy flavour was the best. They changed in sometimes in the 90s and they just don't taste the same.

I'm not 100% sure it was called spicy flavour though. I'm not sure I've had the beef or pickled onions ones.
If you want pickled onion crisps it's Meanies all the way. My absolute favourite crisps are Hot Lips though and they remain unchanged thank Grud.

You're in Ireland, aren't you?

I think there are two different versions of Monster Munch being discussed here.

I, Cosh

Flamin' Hot was the technical term.
We never really die.

Rara Avis

Yes I'm Irish. So did you guys not have the Flamin Hot one? (Thanks You, Cosh)

Link Prime

The trick was to close your eyes and pretend you were wearin the Face of Dirk Benedict.