Main Menu

Help identifying artist

Started by JamesC, 06 November, 2018, 11:00:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JamesC

Hi all, I'm trying to find out who did the box art for the Amiga game Foundations Waste.
I don't know how to post an image but it can be seen here: http://www.computinghistory.org.uk/det/10871/Foundations-Waste/

I'm pretty sure it's a 2000ad artist but I can't put my finger on who. Any ideas?

Jim_Campbell

I'm pretty good at the 'artist ID' game, but there's nothing in that, other than a generally 'comic-booky' style that I could pin down to a specific artist. Some of the perspective work is pretty horrible, which is something Tharg tends to expect his droids to get right, so I'm not convinced it is a 2000AD artist, TBH.
Stupidly Busy Letterer: Samples. | Blog
Less-Awesome-Artist: Scribbles.

von Boom

Is it possible that the game's artist, Alan Tomkins, also did the art for the game cover?

Fungus

Don't think it's a droid either - they tend to be distinctive enough to spot.
But if I absolutely had to suggest a droid, this guy feels like a candidate.....?

JamesC

Okey dokey - thanks all. Probably not a 2000ad artist then.

TordelBack

Is there a touch of Casanovas about it?  Although Jose would generally have been much better than that image suggests.

JayzusB.Christ

Doesn't look like Casanovas to me - at a push I would have said Kev Hopgood, but I think that may be the guy who did the Tanner cover above.
"Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest"

Fungus

Quote from: JayzusB.Christ on 07 November, 2018, 08:48:05 AM
Doesn't look like Casanovas to me - at a push I would have said Kev Hopgood, but I think that may be the guy who did the Tanner cover above.

It is the guy.

Frank

The kindly Mr Hopgood regrets he cannot claim authorship of this masterpiece.

TordelBack

Quote from: Frank on 07 November, 2018, 10:14:48 AM

The kindly Mr Hopgood regrets he cannot claim authorship of this masterpiece.

I should hope not too.

sheridan

Doesn't look like any 2000AD artist to me.

Funt Solo

Contact info at bottom of page might be useful:

And copyright info on this:

++ A-Z ++  coma ++

TordelBack

"Objects with mutant characteristics! ".

JamesC

Quote from: TordelBack on 08 November, 2018, 07:25:03 AM
"Objects with mutant characteristics! ".

I love this. I don't really know what it means but it would make me buy almost anything. :lol:

Dandontdare

Looks kinda like one of the anonymous artists who did early annual covers