Main Menu

Bristol Comic Expo 2008

Started by Wils, 14 January, 2008, 04:10:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wils

Booked the hotel and bought the tickets today, so decided it may be time to start a thread.

Roll call! Who's going? Who's flogging their wares? Who's getting the beers in? Who's sharing a room with someone they hardly know and will stay awake all weekend in case they're Rohypnolled and horribly defiled?

The Expo site's a bit bare at the mo, but it's got the information and contact details for booking into the Ramada at a reduced rate and you can buy tickets for the Saturday and Sunday through the wonder of Paypal.

Guests confirmed so far are:

Jim Shooter
Walt and Louise Simonson
Yanick Paquette
Mike Carey
Alan Davis
Mark Buckingham
Mark Farmer
Mike Ploog
John Burns
Liam Sharp

http://www.comicexpo.net/i8/BICE2008%20background%20image.jpg">

Link: http://www.comicexpo.net/" target="_blank">www.comicexpo.net

COMMANDO FORCES

I'm going as I have to get my sketch book filled!

Richmond Clements

We're looking forward to attending a convention we're not organising ourselves!

LARF

Yep, I'll be off this year - better armed than the last one.

W. R. Logan

possibly the first one im ever going to miss. Got an instructors course to go on that starts on the sunday and not sure i'll get a leave pass from Mrs Logan that extends my time away 8-(

Buddy

Will try to make it this year. Missed the last few because of one thing or another.

Need to complete my Dave Gibbons Watchmen sketches and I can tell you getting one every other year makes it hard going to complete!

Just Night Owl, Ozzy & Silk Spectre to go (I think)

Got Doc Manhattan, Comedian & Rorschach so far.

Buddy

Richmond Clements

Rufus tried to start a fight between me and Gibbons last Brum con- perhaps this one will see round 2..?

Rob Spalding

Want to go, but all is dependent on several things I can nether control or predict.

thinky

Who's sharing a room with someone they hardly know and will stay awake all weekend in case they're Rohypnolled and horribly defiled?

i know eyebrows gets some stick from those that don't 'understand' him, but to be fair he finally gave up trying it on after being knocked-back 7 times. *and* i got away with only superficial injuries... result!

thinky
you think this isn't me? that's so sweet...
//http://www.adverseCamber.co.uk

Wils

We're looking forward to attending a convention we're not organising ourselves!

I don't envy the distance you've got to travel, though. It's bad enough from here at 5 hours on the train.

*and* i got away with only superficial injuries... result!

I'd hardly call a limp and permanently clenched buttocks superficial, though. ;)

Matt Timson

Dream on- we both know I was the one quaking in fear at the thought of being made the meat filling of a Mulcher/Thinky sandwich...
Pffft...

paulvonscott

Cool, be good to see you there Wils et al.  

I'm all booked up for the usual palaver.  

Hope to have some new comics out (Omnivistascope IV and more besides) which means I have to drive, which is longer than the train or the plane sadly.  Though people obviously have to go much further than I do.  I'm half way between Hi-Ex and Bristol, is that good or bad?

Lord Running Clam

Bart Oliver

I booked a room at the the Ramada in a fit of peak last November when I realised my birthday falls on the Saturday and couldn't think of anything I'd like to do more by way of celebration than to drink the bar dry (again) with fellow boarders, small pressers and creatives alike.

There'll also be a complete Quisling in OVS IV which I'm working on now and (possibly) some fully painted strip work, no doubt tossed together in a portfolio ATLM.

I'm also thinking it might be an idea to let the train take the strain this year and book some advanced tickets Feb, March time.
Obviously you're not a golfer.