Main Menu

Support Judge Dredd on Fourth Plinth 20th September!

Started by Wake, 16 September, 2009, 09:45:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

thejudgemuffin

Hi, It's actually me who is doing this, firstly a massive thanks to Wake and Rebellion for supporting this, hopefully if I can get in the costume this is going to be fantastic! If nothing else at least I know the helmet fits! My aim is to not only try and look cool and get Dredd out there as much as possible but also to talk about how 2000AD has been that important to me in my life. As well as dispensing Judgement LIVE. there will be a mobile number up and people can text me their crimes and I will stand in Judgement by pulling out 'Judgement Balls' and then sending them off through the square. I am really excited about this now and after my initial talk about the charity I support the rest is pure Dredd....or Grannell! Oh and I have Tshirts and progs to give away as well (Thanks Tharg!)

The more ideas the better guys, happy to do most things.

Here is the picture that my mate has done for the A1 board that will be up there with me.

Steve Green

You need a justice dept riot cannon that fires t-shirts :)

Mike Gloady

Sweet, I look forward to seeing you do your thing, Muffin.

And Steev, I promise I'll nab a few piccies and upload them to facebook AND here.
New in town?  Follow this link for a guide to the Greatest Threads Ever

TattooedJudge

Hi all,

Just thought I'd show my support for JudgeMuffin for his epic adventure to the big smoke on Sunday. I was at the Judges abode this evening and I've never seen a grown man so stupidly excited!

I cant stress how much effort has gone into this 1 hour session... whoever either attends or views it live on the 'tinterweb (and I encourage either) is in for a treat... so please show your support.

Also, I am the "mate" that Andy mentioned in his post and I thought you'd like to see the completed A1 poster that will be in attendance on Sunday with the dear judge. Now, feel free to critique but please bear in mind that this was completed in a short time frame with little Judge Dredd drawing practise!!! Be gentle!

Good luck Andy!!!!

Mike Gloady

Tattooed, that's a tidy wee drawing there.  Nice work and it'll get the job done.  I reckon you ought to contribute to the art competitions here, the more the merrier.  I'll be there mate, cheering and wearing a Dredd shirt.  Good luck to you both.

Wake

Andy got a tweet of support from Jonathan Ross this morning...

andygrannell @Wossy thought this might float your boat I am dressing as Dredd on the Plinth Sunday 8am-9am. Big 2000AD crowd expected + Live Judgement!

wossy @andygrannell Borag Thung, or whatever it is Thargg says. Gotta love 200AD. I am old skool tho - ABC Warriors and Rogue Trooper. Good luck!

SmallBlueThing

Quote from: Wake on 17 September, 2009, 11:53:34 AM
Andy got a tweet of support from Jonathan Ross this morning...

wossy @andygrannell Borag Thung, or whatever it is Thargg says. Gotta love 200AD. I am old skool tho - ABC Warriors and Rogue Trooper. Good luck!

Which I suppose means "I used to read it, but I don't anymore". If "Wossy" was in anyway "Old School" he'd at least know how to spell Tharg. It's a bit like a lapsed-Catholic saying "I used to believe in Godd".

I have a huge amount of suspicion regarding "Wossy"'s comics-credentials. Maybe I'm being a snob, but I don't believe a word of it. Nothing about the man says "fan" to me. Overpaid, juvenile twat, who uses it as part of his "alternative appeal", yes.

SBT

TordelBack

QuoteNothing about the man says "fan" to me.
Apart from making a really brilliant documentary about Steve Ditko?  Don't get me wrong, he's not my cup of tea at all, but he does seem to have an interest in and knowledge of comics.

Steve Green

I honestly don't see why he would - I'm sure there are much more effective things to fake an interest in if that was a whole thing about appeal.

I thought it was quite nice of him.

I'm not a massive fan, but he seems OK to me most of the time.

- Steve

Peter Wolf

I bet Wossy wont actually show up.

I wont because there is no way that i could be in London by that time in the morning.shame as i would have gone otherwise.

shame it couldnt have been a later slot but no doubt you get the slot that you are given.

I think wossdy is genuine and loves comics.

Why not ?

Just because he is overpaid and juvenile at times doesnt mean he shouldnt be into comics.

I quite like him myself and he doesnt have to prove himself to me.
Worthing Bazaar - A fete worse than death

JamesC

Isn't Wossy's radio 2 show on at around that time? Maybe he'll give it a mention.

thejudgemuffin

I think it's brill to get that nod from JR and he even remembered Splundig Vur Thrigg!!!.

His show is on on Saturday am not Sunday so probably no shout out there...but who knows?

The slot you get is the one you are stuck with and to be honest 8am on a Sunday ain't that bad considering that it could've been 3am on a Tuesday...Sigh of relief really.

Just took receipt of a load of giveaways today from Rebellion/2000AD which I will be throwing out to you guys at the time, thanks again to them for that. The Guardian and SKY have been made aware of what I am doing and the fact there might be a few supporters there as well and SKY have asked if they can use the camera footage for publicity...I said yes of course.
(I hope you are all ok with that  ;))

The hour can be seen live online at 8am-9am with the chance to receive instant justice by texting the number that will be shown at that time, alternatively you can watch it anytime just by clicking on the date and timeslot.

Thanks again for all of your positive support guys, let's give BritCit a wake up call like never before.

Mike Gloady

Yeah!

I'm really looking forward to this.  Daft as hell, but the only alternative is to stay in bed.....

TattooedJudge

Quote from: Mike Gloady on 17 September, 2009, 11:36:58 AM
Tattooed, that's a tidy wee drawing there.  Nice work and it'll get the job done.  I reckon you ought to contribute to the art competitions here, the more the merrier.  I'll be there mate, cheering and wearing a Dredd shirt.  Good luck to you both.

Thanks and yes, JudgeMuffin has been getting me to post in the comps on here for some time... I shall keep my eyes peeled!

Thanks again

Tsttooed

Wake

If you think you can make it to the plinth on Sunday at 8am, please pledge to watch on Andy's plinther page. If I understand correctly, the more pledges he gets, the more likely Oneandother site visiotrs are to think he's going to be worth watching when the Sunday schedule goes live at midnight.