Main Menu

Judge Dredd: The Mega Collection discussion thread

Started by Molch-R, 10 December, 2014, 03:30:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

robert_ellis

Thargs given enough info to keep me excited - I think a definitive list might take away the surprise and speculation. I'd pay extra to receive the books individually fortnightly.

Tjm86

Quote from: demos99 on 27 February, 2015, 05:16:46 PM
The extras are a gallery (3 covers) and a 5-page essay by Michael Molcher.

You know, I'm glad to hear that.  I really felt that so far they've missed a trick with the commentary, particularly on Apocalypse War.  That story was so much a product of its time, as so many others have been.  Some of the Titan introductions did an excellent job of putting it in that context.  If there is a more in depth discussion of the issues that the storyline is addressing as well as artistic issues (many of which have been covered over the years in the meg) then it would make for a far more impressive collection I would say.

Skullmo

Quote from: Judge Olde on 28 February, 2015, 10:12:06 AM
I emailed customer service & asked what the next 3 books are going to be, to which they replied 4, 5 & 6

Genius!
It's a joke. I was joking.

robert_ellis

I think the podcast for apocalypse war did an amazing job of putting the story in context. Really hope they continue.

TordelBack

Quote from: robert_ellis on 01 March, 2015, 11:42:21 AM
I think the podcast for apocalypse war did an amazing job of putting the story in context.

Damn good listen too - Carlos is a genuine smoothie. I know what people mean when they look for new text pieces, but there are going to be 80 of these things so plenty of words by the time we're done, and I'd be all for jamming in as many comics pages to make for satisfying books. No offense to Mike and Matt, but I want comics where at all possible.

Proudhuff

DDT did a job on me

robert_ellis

I wonder if current stories could be included in the mega collection. In three years time perhaps Dark Justice could be re-released by Hachette. Did the similar Marvel Collection print anything recent?

TordelBack

Call me naive, but I suspect Rebellion would like to see consumers of the Mega Collection spend additional dosh on a shiny full-price Dark Justice hardback.

Molch-R

Quote from: Tordelback on 01 March, 2015, 01:31:33 PM
Quote from: robert_ellis on 01 March, 2015, 11:42:21 AM
I think the podcast for apocalypse war did an amazing job of putting the story in context.

Damn good listen too - Carlos is a genuine smoothie. I know what people mean when they look for new text pieces, but there are going to be 80 of these things so plenty of words by the time we're done, and I'd be all for jamming in as many comics pages to make for satisfying books. No offense to Mike and Matt, but I want comics where at all possible.

None taken - it's all determined by how much comics we can fit into each book. Some books will have a page of feature content, others will have several. We're also trying to keep the content fresh, mixing interviews with contextual background.

BPP

Quote from: Tordelback on 02 March, 2015, 09:46:36 PM
Call me naive, but I suspect Rebellion would like to see consumers of the Mega Collection spend additional dosh on a shiny full-price Dark Justice hardback.

true.

but how sexy would a Titan volume be....

Hummmmmm....Titan.....
If I'd known it was harmless I would have killed it myself.

http://futureshockd.wordpress.com/

http://twitter.com/#!/FutureShockd

Jamie1000013

Do you think we'll get 4 and 5 today so we get Origins before the shops do? I'm very doubtful but would love it if that was the case. When I was getting the Marvel ultimate collection I didn't really care when they come but with this it gives me something to really look forward to each month, especially because I am quite new to 2000ad and the megazine (started at 1900).

IndigoPrime

On the additional material, I rather like it. Given the option of a semi-random five-pager or five pages of context about what's in the book, I'd happily take the latter. To me, the context is one of the things that will make this series special (the other being the format). One thing I would like to see though (and if Rebellion or Hachette don't do this, I'll do it myself)—some kind of really nice index card you can slot into book one, once the series is done, so you can actually find the book you want. (I'm pretty sure my brain's not going to go "36 = Apocalypse War" a few years down the road.)

TordelBack

Quote from: IndigoPrime on 03 March, 2015, 10:34:01 AM
(I'm pretty sure my brain's not going to go "36 = Apocalypse War" a few years down the road.)

We should work on some clever bingo-style mnemonic in the meantime.

"Number One, Bodyswap Fun!"
"At Thirty-Six, in a Nuclear Fix!"
"A-2-and-a-4, Mad Robot Law!'

Fungus

Quote from: Jamie1000013 on 03 March, 2015, 06:21:42 AM
Do you think we'll get 4 and 5 today so we get Origins before the shops do?

Yesterday (Monday) my W H Smith had a pile of the softcover 'Origins' newly placed with the progs.
14.99 you say?! Hm... no sale!

Skullmo

It's a joke. I was joking.