Main Menu

Judge Dredd: The Mega Collection discussion thread

Started by Molch-R, 10 December, 2014, 03:30:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Apestrife

I just read Anderson Shamballa. While not my fav. read, there are some good stuff between the pages. Simply one of those mega collection books I probably won't read again as often as -... say Origins, Tour of Duty or Day of chaos- others, but I enjoyed it.

I very much enjoyed Michael Molcher's reasoning on why the stories resonates with him. Both in the end blurb and podcast. Fascinating that the Dredd verse can serve as a vessel for spirituality.  I'm quite hoping we'll get to see another another book with Arthur Ranson's Judge Anderson in the Mega collection!

Mardroid

This was the first time I read the first installment of Mandroid. (The first was before my time but The caught the second.)

I enjoyed them both. I think I enjoyed the second more in this format in one long read than i did in the individual issues. I've found a lot of the more modern stories seem to be served better by the collections than the individual issues, although that might be due to my faulty memory. I find myself struggling from week to week remembering what happened... but often feel too lazy to go back and read the previous chapters.

I can see how the paragraph recap of older stories washelpful for that reason although conversely annoying in collections...

Fungus

Quote from: Apestrife on 19 April, 2015, 04:27:28 PM
I just read Anderson Shamballa. 
there are some good stuff between the pages

You like the binding?

Grey M@a

For those who subbed to this, I got my first delivery with issue 6 and 7 but no freebies, were these a sign up perk if you joined at the start?

Just wondering if I should be expecting them or if they have gone walkies in HRH postal system!

moldovangerbil

I believe the next freebie (the bookends) should be with the next delivery (8&9)

Grey M@a

I picked up Issues 1 - 5 from WHSmith then subbed and just got issue 6 and 7 so this is my first delivery.

I assume it might be the next issue that comes out where the badge and cup are sent? 3rd delivery costers! and then probably issue 11/12 for the bookends for myself as I subbed late?

Mattofthespurs

Quote from: Grey M@a on 22 April, 2015, 09:34:57 AM
I picked up Issues 1 - 5 from WHSmith then subbed and just got issue 6 and 7 so this is my first delivery.

I assume it might be the next issue that comes out where the badge and cup are sent? 3rd delivery costers! and then probably issue 11/12 for the bookends for myself as I subbed late?

Bad news I'm afraid. As it says on the Hachette website, "Subscriptions gifts are reserved for customers starting with issue 1, 2, 3 or 4".

Grey M@a

Ah, no worries then, looks like I missed out. Not a problem, means less clutter in the house xD

Wonder if I could contact them and buy the book ends, not fussed with the rest tbh.

IndigoPrime

Their customer services lot are pretty good, so it's worth a shot. If not, I'll bet someone here would probably be happy to offload theirs.

Grey M@a

Just dropped them an email to see if they can do anything :)

Got issue 6 and 7 together, 7 had a slight ding in the cover but nothing major, was in a sturdy box too so looks like it was abused via the postal system.

IronGraham

We're werewolves not swearwolves

Grey M@a

Speedy response from their customer support, they can't sell the items separately or offer them.

So if anyone is interested on moving on the book ends if any subs get them, please drop me a line as I would be interested.

Thanks

moldovangerbil

Worth keeping your eye on ebay (depending on what you want to pay for them).  I've seen the other free gifts on there lately.

Grey M@a

Thanks for the heads up, I am assuming some of the items are inflated heavily?

Skullmo

Quote from: Grey M@a on 22 April, 2015, 02:55:06 PM
Thanks for the heads up, I am assuming some of the items are inflated heavily?

I managed to get the free balloon on Ebay, and that was.
It's a joke. I was joking.