Main Menu

Judge themed cycle jerseys - would these catch on?

Started by Rackle, 31 August, 2016, 09:55:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rackle

I've contacted 2000AD directly to ask if it's ever been requested before and am awaiting a reply, but I was wondering if anyone else on the forum would be interested if there were (official merchandise of course) Judge themed cycling jerseys?  I've been scouring the net on the off chance these might already exist but alas I can't find any.

It could be quite a simple but effective design - i.e. no need for the 3D shoulder pads but instead have the markings of the eagle and the ribbed shoulder pieces, the name badge, and of course the correct number of links, in gold on a black cycle jersey (ideally with pockets at the back).

I even had the silly/genius idea of having the badge say PSICLIST  (although unlike Judge Anderson, I will definitely where my helmet when on rides).
I guess if there's no interest in this, the worst I could do is make one for myself in the spirit of cosplay, but that would take a bit of practice getting it to look just so, and I would rather it were something official so others.

Rackle

I apologise profusely for the typos in the last post and for hitting pos mid sentenc. Wish there was a way to edit once hitting the post button.
Wear != where for grud sake.

Do I get to write lines whilst in the isocube instead of having terrible typos to haunt me forever on this board?

The Enigmatic Dr X

I suspect that you are asking in the wrong place.

Most of us (myself excepted, natch) are more Comic Book Guy than Bradley Wiggins.
Lock up your spoons!

I, Cosh

I cycle a lot but the only novelty themed maillot I would even consider buying would be a Kraftwerk one.
We never really die.

Rackle

Ah well, no harm done in asking if anyone was interested.  Was just an idea after all.
Thanks for the honest feedback.

Colin YNWA

What how dare you, typical cyclists thinking they are all that and assuming the worst of others, so you go for the easy cliché of portrying us all as middle aged, fat fanbo...

...well yeah I'm a little over weight...

...okay well into my 40s too...

....Yes yes I am a massive fan boy...

...damnit okay then...

Steve Green

I would have thought it unlikely, but then again Rebellion have just announced themed martial arts gear...