Main Menu

Things that went over your head...

Started by ming, 09 January, 2012, 11:00:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

James Stacey

football mostly goes over my head so I'll just nod :)

Proudhuff

DDT did a job on me

SpetsnaZ99

Quote from: Proudhuff on 21 February, 2012, 11:32:49 AM
I was told it was the words to an English football team song recorded with that Baddel chap, could have been a wind up for all I know  :-[

David Baddiel and Frank Skinner's  3 lions
You ever notice that everyone who believes in creationism looks really unevolved? Eyes real close together, big furry hands and feet. "I believe God created me in one day." Yeah, looks like he rushed it.

Third Estate Ned

Back on topic, at the time I was too young to get the pun in "Gasbah" in Rogue Trooper. Later on I thought it was just a pun on the Clash song. Years later found out what a casbah was. I'm thick like that.

M.I.K.

Might as well point this out again...

In Bad Company - bloke keeping a diary is Danny Franks.

Dandontdare

Quote from: M.I.K. on 21 February, 2012, 06:08:51 PM

oh for f,,, so it is.  :-[

Spikes

Talking of Bad Company, and as a massive Clash fan it never went over my head, but Joe Scummer - Joe Strummer.

Greg M.

Quote from: Judge Jack on 01 March, 2012, 07:18:57 PM
Talking of Bad Company, and as a massive Clash fan it never went over my head, but Joe Scummer - Joe Strummer.

Huh. That never once occurred to me, and I'm really fond of that character (despite the fact we basically know nothing about him - he's got such a cool look.)

JayzusB.Christ

Oh for fuck's sake, I can't believe I never copped that one.
"Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest"

Onlyverysmall

In Prog 500 there were pages written and drawn by past masters with many in-jokes. One that for some reason always stuck with me was on the page drawn by Ian Gibson which I think was written by Alan Moore; one character says "Umberto what?". The only Umberto I know of is Eco, does anyone know the relevance of this?

Emperor

The penny just dropped on Slabhead the Strontium Dog ([spoiler]slaphead[/spoiler]). Of course, it is possible it occurred to me before and didn't stick, but I'd be just using that as a figleaf to try and preserve my modesty, when we know I'd need a dirty great big figleaf (to cover up my oblivious ignorance, not my winkle, as I'm hung like a mouse*).

Quote from: JayzusB.Christ on 01 March, 2012, 09:30:36 PM

Oh for fuck's sake, I can't believe I never copped that one.

Me neither.

* But I can still make Roger's mom squeak**

** Although that might be the cheese***

*** Or she just needs a good oiling****

**** Oh never mind, I could go on all night*****

***** Nope must leave it there
if I went 'round saying I was an Emperor just because some moistened bint had lobbed a scimitar at me, they'd put me away!

Fractal Friction | Tumblr | Google+

maryanddavid

Quote"Umberto what?".

Gibson used Q.Twerk 'cute work' and Umberto, (IIRC that was his mothers maiden name)as a pseudonym for his work.

David

I, Cosh

Blakee Pentax.

I'm still not really sure what it's supposed to mean although I have a suspicion it's "break." I used to think it must be "black" because that's what colour cameras were.
We never really die.

maryanddavid

QuoteGibson used Q.Twerk 'cute work' and Umberto
Mayby Emberton.

Onlyverysmall

Quote from: maryanddavid on 09 March, 2012, 12:02:09 AM
QuoteGibson used Q.Twerk 'cute work' and Umberto
Mayby Emberton.

Thank you SO much for scratching that itch, I appreciate it.