Main Menu

Things that went over your head...

Started by ming, 09 January, 2012, 11:00:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

James Stacey

There is if its spelt Mr. Mojo Risin as he spelt it and you also spell his surname with 2 r's like he did.

hippynumber1

It is if you spell it 'Mr. Mojo Risin'  ;)

radiator

Judge Ocks = Ox.

Only twigged that recently!

Ghastly McNasty

After first reading of it a couple of years ago, I only recently got the Lou Scannon gag.

JayzusB.Christ

Some judge's comment at the end of Dredd in Cardboard City - 'Guess that's how you solve a problem like Maria.'  Funny how judges have a casual knowledge of 120-year-old musicals, but it was a great line now that I understand it.
"Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest"

Richmond Clements

Quote from: Ghastly McNasty on 25 March, 2013, 05:10:49 PM
After first reading of it a couple of years ago, I only recently got the Lou Scannon gag.

I just got that right now.

Colin YNWA

Quote from: radiator on 25 March, 2013, 03:26:28 PM
Judge Ocks = Ox.

Only twigged that recently!

God really I've known that for like forever... or well... at least since you posted that and I just read it.

Ghastly McNasty

Skullmo

It's a joke. I was joking.

Trout

radiator

Erm, is 'Hot Dog Run' a (nonsensical) pun on 'Hot Dog Bun'?

James Stacey

Quote from: radiator on 10 April, 2013, 11:27:19 AM
Erm, is 'Hot Dog Run' a (nonsensical) pun on 'Hot Dog Bun'?
It occurs to me know I have no idea why it should be called the Hot Dog Run. It's always just been a given that that is what it is. It doesn't even make sense in context with Hotties apparently being the MC1 term for hotdogs.

Sideshow Bob

In Devlin Waugh : Swimming in blood....
Aquatraz...Undersea prison...obviously based on Alcatraz...( Got that one ! ).

Murray Koenig :  The pest control 'exterminator' brought in to clear the infestation.....Missed this one as an amalgamation of Bill Murray from Ghostbusters and Walter Koenig as Chekov from Star Trek.
" This is absolutely NO PLACE for a lover of Food, Fine Wine and the Librettos of RODGERS and HAMMERSTEIN "......Devlin Waugh.

My Comic Art Fans Gallery :  http://www.comicartfans.com/GalleryDetail.asp?GCat=91890

Bubba Zebill

Quote from: SuperSurfer on 03 January, 2013, 02:58:57 PM
Pat wagon = patrol wagon.

Dumb, I know.

Only clicked few days ago when I was catching up on reading backlog of stuff such ad Case Files 2!

Perhaps a double meaning. In old NYC they refer to police vans as 'Paddy Wagons'. I'm not clear on the reason, either coined first when used in predominantly Irish areas of the city, or, more likely, because they were manned by a predominantly Irish police force.
Judge Dredd : The Dark (Gamebook)
http://tinmangames.com.au/blog/?p=3105