Main Menu

Things that went over your head...

Started by ming, 09 January, 2012, 11:00:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dandontdare

I always assumed the Goods & leadbetters were wife-swappers, definitely lots of inter-couple flirting going on

The Legendary Shark

There was definitely a strong sexual undercurrent.

[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

TordelBack

Never would have suspected Margot secretly loathed Jerry. Quite the reverse really, repressed love.

As to fancying Tom, well who wouldn't.  Much of my early amd more successful romantic strategising centered on bring as Tom-like as possible.

JamesC

I hate The Good Life, I hate it.
Felicity 'Treacle' Kendal and Richard 'sugar flavoured snob' Briars. THEY'RE NOTHING BUT A COUPLE OF REACTIONARY STEREOTYPES, CONFIRMING THE MYTH THAT EVERYONE IN BRITAIN IS A LOVABLE MIDDLE CLASS ECCENTRIC, AND I HATE THEM!!

The Legendary Shark

That was a highly articulate outburst, James
. I only hope they're not browsing.

[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

Pyroxian

Quote from: JamesC on 09 February, 2018, 01:55:47 PM
Felicity 'Treacle' Kendal and Richard 'sugar flavoured snob' Briars. THEY'RE NOTHING BUT A COUPLE OF REACTIONARY STEREOTYPES, CONFIRMING THE MYTH THAT EVERYONE IN BRITAIN IS A LOVABLE MIDDLE CLASS ECCENTRIC, AND I HATE THEM!!

Hehe - my thoughts exactly - https://youtu.be/bomygz1Ygkk?t=29

sheridan

Quote from: Pyroxian on 09 February, 2018, 02:06:18 PM
Quote from: JamesC on 09 February, 2018, 01:55:47 PM

Hehe - my thoughts exactly - https://youtu.be/bomygz1Ygkk?t=29

Is it Vyvyan?  Is it Vyvyan?  Yep!

Dash Decent

The character names also have some jokey angles - the blokes are Tom & Jerry (after the cartoon cat and mouse of course) and while one couple is 'Good', the other is (Led)"Better'.
- By Appointment -
Hero to Michael Carroll

"... rank amateurism and bad jokes." - JohnW.

Jim_Campbell

Stupidly Busy Letterer: Samples. | Blog
Less-Awesome-Artist: Scribbles.

The Legendary Shark

Quote from: Jim_Campbell
link=topic=35063.msg979327#msg979327
date=1518387081

Things that went over your head? The Young
Ones' extra flat mate...? Wait? What?!

That's extraordinary. I resolved to check this out and went to retrieve my Young Ones dvds from the box under the bed where all my "classic comedy" discs live.

The dvds aren't there...

[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

The Legendary Shark

Can't find those discs anywhere. Been through my entire collection and nada. They must have gone missing during the waveform collapse of my last slide. There's probably a parallel universe out there containing nothing but my Young Ones dvds, a few stray Biros, half a dozen odd socks and several species of fluff.

[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

JamesC

The DVD release of The Young Ones was annoying because they removed the Subterranean Homesick Blues bit from 'Cash'.
The best way to watch The Young Ones is on an old VHS on a wooden telly.

The Legendary Shark

[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

sheridan

Quote from: JamesC on 12 February, 2018, 10:40:03 AM
The DVD release of The Young Ones was annoying because they removed the Subterranean Homesick Blues bit from 'Cash'.

Why did the edit it out?

Dandontdare

Quote from: JamesC on 12 February, 2018, 10:40:03 AM
ooh, have we got a video?