Main Menu

Life is sometimes sort of okay because...

Started by House of Usher, 23 March, 2009, 05:17:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JayzusB.Christ

QuoteBy an inevitable Irish coincidence, my parents were watching ye from the dunes!   Apparently you all looked magnificent.

Thunderin' jayzus, boy, 'tis a small world..  Well, country, anyway.  The only non-production person I spotted was some man walking his dog; think he was politely asked not to walk through the frontlines of the battle. 
"Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest"

TordelBack

Jayzus Boatheim in action, care of TordelMa's phone!

IAMTHESYSTEM

Looks mighty impressive.I've heard that working on TV/Films is mostly waiting around and these pics prove it.
"You may live to see man-made horrors beyond your comprehension."

http://artriad.deviantart.com/
― Nikola Tesla

TordelBack

Ugh, sorry, must have linked the wrong snaps. But sure they give the impression!

sheridan

Quote from: IAMTHESYSTEM on 11 March, 2018, 10:53:34 AM
Looks mighty impressive.I've heard that working on TV/Films is mostly waiting around and these pics prove it.
Yep - an ex-housemate of mine used to do lots of extra (and rep) work, and the life of the extra is generally being given something to eat and a cup of tea every four or five hours until you're needed.

sheridan

Quote from: sheridan on 11 March, 2018, 01:17:49 PM
Yep - an ex-housemate of mine used to do lots of extra (and rep) work, and the life of the extra is generally being given something to eat and a cup of tea every four or five hours until you're needed.

For time-frame purposes, she got to be on screen in 28 Weeks Later, 1408, This is England (scene cut but got her her Equity card) and Doomsday.

JayzusB.Christ

Quote from: sheridan on 11 March, 2018, 01:17:49 PM

You're absolutely spot on. That said, Vikings (and Into The Badlands, which I'm also in) is loads more fun than the crappy soap operas and TV movies I used to do years ago.  You're on set pretty much all the time, and you get to watch a lot of cool shit happening. I've screamed obscenities at Jonathan Rhys Meyers, dragged a bleeding whale along in a longboat,, sang drinking songs with King Harald and ran into battle in front of a huge wall of fire. Hard to avoid the spoilers, though.

Hey, Tordels, how the hell did your folks get so close to the action? I never spotted them at all.  Also, that may be me standing up on the ridge in the second pic, in the middle on my own.
"Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest"

Proudhuff

How big is that island you all live on?
DDT did a job on me

Proudhuff

DDT did a job on me

sheridan

JayzusB.Christ

Before my mate passed away a couple of years back he visited Ted's house. The Hitler tache was still on the window

Greg M.

Quote from: JayzusB.Christ on 17 March, 2018, 11:43:33 AM
The Hitler tache was still on the window

That's brilliant. The 'Ted as Hitler' bit is just about the funniest thing ever broadcast.

TordelBack

The missus and I went for tea in the Parochial House* for Valentine's Day two or three years back - it was great, and indeed the ronnie was still there. 

*the exterior is the Craggy Island house,  the sitting room is the Rugged Island interior,  and the girl that made our tea was the baby-on-the-doorstep from the Christmas special. It was a joyous head-wreck.

JayzusB.Christ

I'll get to the parochial house someday!

I'm back to snow and Neil Gaiman's audiobook of Norse legends again. I started listening last summer but realised that this was something to be done in freezing weather, drinking beer in my boat with lots of candies.  A description of Ragnarok is all the more terrifying with an actual snowstorm outside.

JayzusB.Christ

Quote from: JayzusB.Christ on 18 March, 2018, 10:29:39 PM
I'll get to the parochial house someday!

I'm back to snow and Neil Gaiman's audiobook of Norse legends again. I started listening last summer but realised that this was something to be done in freezing weather, drinking beer in my boat with lots of candies.  A description of Ragnarok is all the more terrifying with an actual snowstorm outside.

Candles, not candies. Fuxake. For one thing, they're sweets, and for another, they wouldn't go with beer.