Main Menu

Discovered / rediscovered music thread

Started by JayzusB.Christ, 16 April, 2009, 12:12:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mudcrab

Mmm hmmm  :)

Linked on that is this, which I've read about being slated on metalsucks, this is the kind of thing I mentioned above (metalcore or whatever it's called now). It's what happens when bad rap meets bad metal. Hilarious...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LW0krAXXElQ&feature=branded
NEGOTIATION'S OVER!

Mudcrab

NEGOTIATION'S OVER!

Gonk

coming at a cinema near you soon

bigjobs67

'Overwhelming, I'm I not!

vzzbux

Drokking since 1972

Peace is a lie, there's only passion.
Through passion, I gain strength.
Through strength I gain power.
Through power, I gain victory.
Through victory, my chains are broken.

Mudcrab

Currently discovering Russian Circles, which apparently makes you want to take your pants off. At 5:30 I wanted to. Hmm, are they American commenters? I may have taken that too far  :lol:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vdPJ1d-p3MU&feature=related
NEGOTIATION'S OVER!

JOE SOAP

Colin YNWA

On Radio 6, which I really don't listen to enough these days, heard a fantastic song 'Rhinohead' by Von Sudenfed, who it turns out are a Mark e Smith project. Loving that and will be checking them out for sure.

Mudcrab

Sweet, just got tickets for the Sunday at Donington (Download) where I shall be enjoying old favourites by Anthrax (I am the Law please!), Megadeth, Kyuss, Soundgarden and of course, Black Sabbath!
NEGOTIATION'S OVER!

SpetsnaZ99

Got Blur greatest hits. Listened to 3 songs then turned it off.
Yep, they were shite.
You ever notice that everyone who believes in creationism looks really unevolved? Eyes real close together, big furry hands and feet. "I believe God created me in one day." Yeah, looks like he rushed it.

Mudcrab

Discovered, for metal afficianados only (if you're not too old for that shit lol  ;)), incredibly good tech/prog death-ish stuff...
http://slicethecake.bandcamp.com/

Discovered/Rediscovered, for anyone, no, everyone loves this song, but maybe not like this  :D
http://www.metalsucks.net/2012/03/02/robot-zombie-army-covers-totos-africa/
NEGOTIATION'S OVER!

Third Estate Ned

Not rediscovered music exactly but since you read Metal Sucks wanted to ask if you know Invisible Oranges metal site. Sounds daft but it's a great name for it:

'The term "invisible oranges" describes the clutching gesture you make when the mighty force of metal flows through you.'

I'm doing it right now.

Mudcrab

Quote from: Dr. Dog on 04 March, 2012, 06:14:09 PM
Not rediscovered music exactly but since you read Metal Sucks wanted to ask if you know Invisible Oranges metal site. Sounds daft but it's a great name for it:

'The term "invisible oranges" describes the clutching gesture you make when the mighty force of metal flows through you.'

I'm doing it right now.

He he, yeah, now and again, MS quite often link to articles there. It is a great name  :D
NEGOTIATION'S OVER!

Colin YNWA

Before this thread gets consigned to history under the weight of the what I happen to be listening to thread the other day when watching Jool's Holland (ggrrrrrr) about to annoy me by playing other otherwise perfectly good songs I was ashamed to actually like a Paul Weller song (Grrrrr). To make up for this travesty I discovered Beth Jeans Houghton and The Hooves of Destiny. Very good.

Frank

Recently, Britpop early adopters Lush have managed to punch their way through the pile of shite that clutters my subconscious. They've had little discernible influence on the way music has developed since their split (under tragic circumstances), but the corruscating wit of songs like Hypocrite and Ladykillers serve as a useful counterpoint to the accepted version of music history regarding that lunkhead era of music (i).

I'm not sure why the band didn't enjoy greater success; they followed the same musical trajectory- from shoegazing to cynically catchy pop- as Blur, and they were as media friendly as the more popular Elastica. They did miss the opportunity for a bona fide crossover hit by not releasing their Lee and Nancy-style collaboration with Jarvis Cocker (recorded at the height of Pulp's fame) as a single. Co-songwriter Emma (ii) went on to form Sing-Sing, and Miki's a sub-Editor for dull consumer magazines.

Maybe the reason Lush have done a Proust on me is the worrying number of middle-aged women who seem to be opting to dye their barnets the same colour of Fire Engine Red that Miki used to sport- with much less pleasing results. She and Jane Goldman have a lot to answer for.

If a singer as beautiful as Japanese/Hungarian Berenyi came along these days, Cowell would force her to dump the rest of the band at the audition stages, make her over like Rihanna, and have her miming warbly covers of Keane songs on teatime telly.

(i) Despite being told by countless nostalgia TV docs, books and magazine articles that the entire nation was gripped by the insipid Blur vs Oasis wars for most of the mid-Nineties, my brain stubbornly insists that The Prodigy, RATM and the Wu-tang Clan occupied more of my thoughts and conversation at that time. I must have remembered it wrong.
(ii) The pretty girl you could still never quite tear your eyes away from Miki to pay attention to. I wonder why they fell out?