Main Menu

House to Astonish Reviews 2000AD

Started by Will I. Cooling, 30 August, 2009, 11:58:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Will I. Cooling

http://housetoastonish.podomatic.com/entry/eg/2009-08-29T09_56_44-07_00

I don't know if any of you guys read Paul O'Brien's x-books review blogs over at ifdestroyed.blogspot.com, but IMO he's the best comics reviewer on the internet. Well he and Al Kennedy have done a pretty cool review of Prog 1650 for their podcast (link at the top). Although they're British, they both focus on superhero comics (they only reviewed 2000AD because I posted a comment suggesting it) and they obviously don't regularly read 2000AD. However I found it refreshing to see non-2000AD hardcores review a Prog.
The I is for 'I can't remember the password to my other account' or Ian. One or the other.

PsychoGoatee

I always enjoy some podcasts. It's better than the radio.

They mentioned the Judge Dredd movie with Stallone too, that movie will live on in infamy. Though I do enjoy it. :D

I, Cosh

Why is there anyone in Britain who doesn't read 2000AD?
We never really die.

The Adventurer

Good review I'd say, I think its really interesting hearing a first impression for these stories from guys who have never read them before (in the case of Kingdom and Shakara, they at least have a passing familiarity with Dredd, though clearly not his most recent metaplot) considering all the strips are sequels/continuations and not 'all new'. They clearly 'got' what each was about just fine, and seemed to legitimately have enjoyed every strip (if at least for the art).

Very cool.

THIS SPACE INTENTIONALLY LEFT BLANK