Main Menu

Thread suggestions?

Started by Emperor, 26 July, 2009, 09:28:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Emperor

Quote from: Emperor on 28 July, 2009, 12:03:48 AM
Quote from: VinceBot on 27 July, 2009, 11:18:47 PM
Quote from: Emperor on 27 July, 2009, 04:38:44 PM
It might be we want to steer clear of cash based projects are there are too many ways for people to get burned.

Yes please, I know you've go the idea but just to clearify for everyone else - I'm not going to allow anything involving money within this forum. Keep all that stuff to classifieds, pms, email, whatever. Just don't do it in this forum.

Thanks for clarifying - that was my interpretation of the guidelines. Anyway if you have a paying gig you'd want to approach the artist directly or cast your net wider. What I was thinking of was somewhere for people to post looking for an example script or a collaborator on a webcomic or if you are an artist with an idea looking for a writer to help develop it. Keep it tight, no banter that kind of thing. Of course, there might not be much call for it but if there is it'd be worth making sure the first post spells out the scope of the thread.

OK I have started it - make sure the first post is clear enough:
http://2000adonline.com/forum/index.php/topic,25761.0.html
if I went 'round saying I was an Emperor just because some moistened bint had lobbed a scimitar at me, they'd put me away!

Fractal Friction | Tumblr | Google+

Emperor

OK we have general threads for writing, drawing, colouring and lettering comics the next threads would be for pitching (ideas), self-publishing and promoting (one of each I suppose). Not something I can claim much knowledge in but if someone is enthusiastic then start one or all of them (I will get round to it... eventually... probably, so go for it).
if I went 'round saying I was an Emperor just because some moistened bint had lobbed a scimitar at me, they'd put me away!

Emperor

New thread idea:

Tharg's exquisite corpse - comics consequences. A Future Shock type story might be tricky (although if we could pull it off...) but it should be possible to do something on say Dredd.

Quote from: Emperor on 09 August, 2009, 03:50:35 AM
OK we have general threads for writing, drawing, colouring and lettering comics the next threads would be for pitching (ideas), self-publishing and promoting (one of each I suppose). Not something I can claim much knowledge in but if someone is enthusiastic then start one or all of them (I will get round to it... eventually... probably, so go for it).

We now have a few of those:

Any other gaps?