Main Menu

Django Zoon: The Straightener

Started by Jobo Pooks, 19 November, 2008, 11:55:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jobo Pooks

Board warning issued
Sent at: Wed Dec 17, 2008 9:43 am
To: Jobo Pooks  
The following is a warning which has been issued to you by an administrator or moderator of this site.
I've just deleted your last three posts, since they served no purpose other than abuse. If you post like that again, you will be banned.

Re: Board warning issued
Sent at: Wed Dec 17, 2008 11:05 am
by Jobo Pooks
Wake wrote:The following is a warning which has been issued to you by an administrator or moderator of this site.
I've just deleted your last three posts, since they served no purpose other than abuse. If you post like that again, you will be banned.

Abuse takes on many forms. People wanted to be playful; I was playful in return. There is no abuse here friend. If people can't take a joke, they shouldn't dish em out.

;)

Banners

QuoteIf people can't take a joke, they shouldn't dish em out.

As I recall (prior to your posts being deleted) someone likened your writing to the scribblings of a five year old, and you immediately then dropped a couple of c-bombs and made an inference about sexual relations with their mother. I don't really want to give my opinion about your book because anyone who completes such a task deserves respect (and, hey, it's Christmas), but I would suggest such retorts as yours are hardly up there with Oscar Wilde's, and unlikely to engender anything other than the warnings you received.

M@

Jobo Pooks

Sent at: Wed Dec 17, 2008 11:31 am
To: Jobo Pooks  
The board has been attracting a lot of spammers recently, mostly selling MMORPG gold. Newcomers who don't seem to be 2000AD fans are therefore not necessarily being made as welcome as they might otherwise be.

Do you have any interest in 2000AD or Judge Dredd? Do you want to continue to post on this message board?

According to their website, Abaddon Books are currently closed to submissions. Submissions for 2000 AD have to be 5 page comic scripts.

Wakefield

Sent at: Wed Dec 17, 2008 11:39 am
by Jobo Pooks
Wake wrote:The board has been attracting a lot of spammers recently, mostly selling MMORPG gold. Newcomers who don't seem to be 2000AD fans are therefore not necessarily being made as welcome as they might otherwise be.

Do you have any interest in 2000AD or Judge Dredd? Do you want to continue to post on this message board?

According to their website, Abaddon Books are currently closed to submissions. Submissions for 2000 AD have to be 5 page comic scripts.

Wakefield

Thanks, I've just contacted Abaddon anyway with a submission. My intent in coming here was as stated, I was looking for initial feedback and got some good links, which I'm grateful for. I can wholly understand your problem with spam; I'm not a spammer. Django Zoon is, I feel, ammendable to suit this market and it is in this context that I joined. Some of your members wanted to play; I played along. If you feel banning me would suit your purpose, whatever that may be then you must do what you must do.

Jobo Pooks

Quote from: "Banners"
QuoteIf people can't take a joke, they shouldn't dish em out.

As I recall (prior to your posts being deleted) someone likened your writing to the scribblings of a five year old, and you immediately then dropped a couple of c-bombs and made an inference about sexual relations with their mother. I don't really want to give my opinion about your book because anyone who completes such a task deserves respect (and, hey, it's Christmas), but I would suggest such retorts as yours are hardly up there with Oscar Wilde's, and unlikely to engender anything other than the warnings you received.

M@
Merry Christmas.  :lol:
As those posts have now been deleted then what you say is just heresay. What is your agenda within this thread?

Could you be a stoker?  :lol:

Banners

QuoteWhat is your agenda within this thread?

I was just trying to prevent you from getting banned by suggesting you replied with wit rather than vitriol.

M@

Jobo Pooks

I was just trying to prevent you from getting banned by suggesting you replied with wit rather than vitriol.

M@
My wit is my wit. You assume things. When I want something from you, I'll ask.  :lol:  ;)

Banners

QuoteWhen I want something from you, I'll ask. ;)

No problem - there's a big hug waiting here whenever you want it.

M@

Jobo Pooks

Quote from: "Jobo Pooks"

M@
My wit is my wit. You assume things. When I want something from you, I'll ask.  :lol:  :lol:

House of Usher

Quote from: "Jobo Pooks"My wit is my wit. You assume things. When I want something from you, I'll ask.  ;)

Clearly, you are spoiling us with this stuff. You should be saving your best words for the next volume of the exploits of Django Zoon instead of wasting your glistening and milky-white pearls of wisdom on us mere swine. We're incapable of appreciating it, Philistines as we are. You'll never reach the dizzy heights of litarary (your spelling, not mine) fame alongside J.K. Rowling and Pete Nash if you waste your time in playground squabbles here when you could better spend your time honing your talent.
STRIKE !!!

Jobo Pooks

Quote from: "House of Usher"
Quote from: "Jobo Pooks"My wit is my wit. You assume things. When I want something from you, I'll ask.  ;)

Everything that comes to us is a gift.

Squabbles? Your assumption.  :lol:  :mrgreen:

Jobo Pooks

I've not considered it before, but perhaps there's someone on here who is an artist (drawing) who may be interested in Zoon and a possible partnership with me in a comic strip character production.  :o

:mrgreen:

Roger Godpleton

Wait a sec, you're Iain Nixon, aren' t you?
He's only trying to be what following how his dreams make you wanna be, man!

Peter Wolf

"I blame the ------- parents  :lol: "

So do i because if it wasnt for them none of us would be here.

If i was you i would keep writing but try a different theme that has less sexual innuendo in it as it gets boring and predictable if you do it over and over again.Try some Sci Fi without the sex element next time as it could have the effect of cheapening your writing and you will lose credibility if you do want to write serious material but if you dont then it doesnt matter.

[Using the C word straight off like that as an insult on a forum isnt very clever or adult [since you are 54 yrs "at the time of writing" ??] and if you are a writer then you could do better.]
Worthing Bazaar - A fete worse than death

House of Usher

Quote from: "peterwolf"less sexual innuendo
If there was innuendo, I missed it.  :P
STRIKE !!!

Bouwel

I never get sexual innuendo *sigh*

-Bouwel-
-A person's mind can be changed by reading information on the internet. The nature of this change will be from having no opinion to having a wrong opinion-