Main Menu

The pulp indie comic; does it exist?

Started by Christov, 18 January, 2011, 03:12:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cthulouis

Quote from: Christov on 18 January, 2011, 04:51:31 PM
I am a complete newbie to publishing and a bit of a knob when it comes to the logistics of these things,

Do you mean noob?

strontium_dog_90

This is an awesome idea all round :-) have e-mailed across my idea.

Christov

Quote from: Cthulouis on 18 January, 2011, 04:58:46 PM
Quote from: Christov on 18 January, 2011, 04:51:31 PM
I am a complete newbie to publishing and a bit of a knob when it comes to the logistics of these things,

Do you mean noob?
No, haha, as amazing a typo that would be.

I'll be getting around to answering the emails later tonight.  ;)

Cthulouis

Ah, okay, I don't think I have come across the word knob used in this context before.

Greg M.

I'm up for contributing a script, if that is cool... not sure precisely what yet though, maybe something in the Doc Savage / Phantom sort of line...

Jared Katooie

Ha ha! Poor Christov didn't realise what he was getting himself in for there. Thus are great editors born, mind.

I might try and contribute something to this, though I'm a bit of a knob when it comes to writing.

JMWhiteley

By sheer coincidence, I'm in the process of editing a detective story.  Will bung it over when I've tidied it up.

Daveycandlish

QuoteI'm up for contributing a script, if that is cool... not sure precisely what yet though, maybe something in the Doc Savage / Phantom sort of line...

That sounds chuffing great!

You know if you need an artist... I have a pencil.  ;)
An old-school, no-bullshit, boys-own action/adventure comic reminiscent of the 2000ads and Eagles and Warlords and Battles and other glorious black-and-white comics that were so, so cool in the 70's and 80's - Buy the hardback Christmas Annual!

JMWhiteley

Quote from: JMWhiteley on 18 January, 2011, 09:56:56 PM
By sheer coincidence, I'm in the process of editing a detective story.  Will bung it over when I've tidied it up.

Tidied and bunged.

Steven Denton

I do like Pulp, both fantasy and crime. Sleeper and criminal being two excellent mainstream examples of modern pulp noir writing.
I'm interested in contributing something.

Greg M.

Quote from: Daveycandlish on 18 January, 2011, 10:01:51 PM
QuoteI'm up for contributing a script, if that is cool... not sure precisely what yet though, maybe something in the Doc Savage / Phantom sort of line...

That sounds chuffing great!

You know if you need an artist... I have a pencil.  ;)

Dave, in between making my first post and you offering your pencil, I went off in a totally different direction and came up with a completely different idea to pitch to Christov (which basically ended up being a sort of off-kilter noir with a distinctive lead detective character.) So, it'd be cool to work with you, and if you want, I'll PM or email you what my story plan is now, but since it's no longer in the style of my first idea, it might not be so much to your taste?

Failing that... I'll pitch you a Doc Savage / Phantom / two-fisted pulp hero type for Paragon if you want. ;)

Daveycandlish

An old-school, no-bullshit, boys-own action/adventure comic reminiscent of the 2000ads and Eagles and Warlords and Battles and other glorious black-and-white comics that were so, so cool in the 70's and 80's - Buy the hardback Christmas Annual!

Christov

Few more little details for everybody.

Scripts would preferably be capped at 8-10 pages, with 14 at the absolutely maximum. If you do go to the 14 page max, please attempt at splitting the script into 6 page 'episodes' so the art workload can be spread over two people rather than just the one.

Also, putting out a bit of a call to arms for stories that break out of the 'noir' genre. I'd love to see a bit of adventure or fantasy being thrown in.

And again, my email is christovcronin@googlemail.com.

Cthulouis

I've had an idea for this, and am actually attempting to write a script! Hopefully should be a six pager. Hopefully shouldn't suck.

Cthulouis