Main Menu

The pulp indie comic; does it exist?

Started by Christov, 18 January, 2011, 03:12:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Spaceghost

I'd like to put myself forward for art duties. I think my style would suit a bit of pulpy goodness. I have got other stuff on the go (mostly with Christov) but I'll step up the work rate to fit some more in.
Raised in the wild by sarcastic wolves.

Previously known as L*e B*tes. Sshhh, going undercover...

Christov

Very pleased to announce that I've been getting a lot of interest on this project, and that slowly I'm building a comprehensive array of talent to contribute.

I am, however, still looking for more scripts and artists, so please, get in touch. Remember, the script limits are 8-10 pages, or 12-14 split into 6-7 page instalments.

A quick reminder of my email: christovcronin@googlemail.com

CrazyFoxMachine

Have I offered myself for this? - I'll do summat!

Dark Jimbo

I'll do something if there's still artist availability.
@jamesfeistdraws

Christov

I'm drastically low on artists compared to scripts, so yes, you're both very much welcome to join in.

I've already got CrazyFoxMachine's email, so if you could drop me an email Dark Jimbo so I've got your address I'd appreciate it.

I'll set the pair of you up with scripts asap.

Christov

Right, I've started sorting through the details of the content, and I've got six people confirmed for scripting. Ideally, I'd like three/four more people to chip in with scripts, or else I might have to step in to pad the anthology out a little with some of my own work (which I want to avoid), so please get in touch if you'd like to have a go at this.

I'd also like some more artists to get in touch, as we could always use more people in that department

I'm also looking into getting this onto stuff like the iPad and Kindle, so you can waltz around in public places with the anthology on a mobile device like some kind of spaceman of the future.

And just because I love reminding people about this, my email; christovcronin@googlemail.com

locustsofdeath!

Not sure if you have me down for a script, but I've got one on the way to you very soon.

Christov

Starting to assign artists to scripts from tomorrow.

If you haven't already sent me a script, no worries, I'm just getting the engine started with the couple of scripts that are completed already. Remember, the deadline is March, so you've got around a month to send me a finished script.

And please, please, please if you're interested in doing art send me a message.

ghostpockets

I am in, in a manner similar to Flynn!

Christov

Because there has been a bit of confusion; the deadline for scripts is March/April, the deadline for art runs into the summer (July, or later).

So yes, breathe a sigh of relief artists, and writers, you've still got ample time to work.

El Chivo

Just seen this
I'll do some art

Cheers

Chi

locustsofdeath!

El Chivo

Daveycandlish

Quotethe deadline for art runs into the summer (July, or later).

Phew! That's a relief! It means I can take my time over mine and not do a rushed job on it!

An old-school, no-bullshit, boys-own action/adventure comic reminiscent of the 2000ads and Eagles and Warlords and Battles and other glorious black-and-white comics that were so, so cool in the 70's and 80's - Buy the hardback Christmas Annual!

Christov

Quick note to say the deadline for scripts has been extended to the end of April at the very latest.

For artists still waiting for scripts, they're coming, honest.

I'm also starting to think about the actual visual aspects of the anthology. Would any design oriented boarders like to drop me an email if they'd be interested in contributing?

Fifty billionth reminder how to summon me from my hellpit: christovcronin@googlemail.com