Main Menu

First single or album bought

Started by 8-Ball, 27 April, 2014, 03:29:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

repoman

Quote from: ChickenStu on 17 October, 2020, 01:01:46 AM
Ok. Talking strictly CDs - the first album I bought was Countdown To Extinction by Megadeth. The first single I bought was Millennium by Killing Joke.

I had both of those on CD too.

CtE felt a bit like Metallica's Black album.  Like it was them moving away from thrash.

Millennium was exciting.  It was good to have KJ back as they'd been away for a few years then.

Barrington Boots

First album I ever bought was Chorus by Erasure. A far cry to what I'm into nowdays!
You're a dark horse, Boots.

wedgeski

My earliest music purchases were cassette and I believe the first album I bought with my own actual money (in a brilliant and sadly long-defunct music shop in Torquay called Soundz) was...'Bridge of Spies' by T'Pau. It remains one of my favourite albums to this day.

Barrington Boots

Quote from: Funt Solo on 17 October, 2020, 07:53:17 PM
My first 12" single might have been Rock Me Amadeus by Falco. As if it needed extended.

STONE COLD CLASSIC
You're a dark horse, Boots.

Funt Solo

Quote from: Barrington Boots on 19 October, 2020, 03:20:34 PM
Quote from: Funt Solo on 17 October, 2020, 07:53:17 PM
My first 12" single might have been Rock Me Amadeus by Falco. As if it needed extended.

STONE COLD CLASSIC

I'm still fond of it - absolutely loved it at the time. I overplayed it at a party so someone poured beer all over it and threw it into the bushes. It still played after that.
++ A-Z ++  coma ++