Main Menu

Vacancies

Started by updatatr0n, 29 June, 2009, 03:00:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

updatatr0n

Desk Editor
Ref 2W148JO
Oxford based publisher Rebellion seeks an experienced Desk Editor for established line of genre fiction. The ideal candidate will have at least 2-3 years' experience of working in an editorial role, copy-editing and proof reading skills, an understanding of book production, an enthusiasm for the fields of science-fiction, fantasy and horror and will preferably be educated to degree level. To apply please send CV and covering letter, including details of your current salary, to vacancies@rebellion.co.uk quoting the job title and reference number.

Production Assistant
Ref 2W150JO
Oxford based publisher Rebellion seeks an eBook Production Assistant for 3 month contract role to turn our published genre fiction novels into online eBooks, involving use of InDesign to extract text, minor editing of script files and HTML files and resizing of graphics. You will need excellent proof reading skills, and take pride in producing accurate and neat work. InDesign experience is preferred but not essential if you are a quick learner, have basic technical ability and a genuine interest in furthering your production skills. To apply please send CV and covering letter, including details of your current salary, to mailto:vacancies@rebellion.co.uk">vacancies@rebellion.co.uk quoting the job title and reference number.

Bolt-01

Kev Levell

Aww, I ain't qualified for none of those :-(

DavidXBrunt

Surely anyone who posts on this board is automatically disqualified from employment by Rebellion...

Bolt-01

Why? Because we are posting here when we should be working? Ridiculous.

Trout

I suspect I'm well-qualified for one of those, but I doubt they can afford me!  ;)

- Trout

Kev Levell

Quote from: "DavidXBrunt"Surely anyone who posts on this board is automatically disqualified from employment by Rebellion...
I bloody well hope that's not the case - otherwise that's all my dreams stuffed into a pillowcase and drowned in the nearest river...

Kev Levell

Actually, if that was the case, why the hell would there be an advert here in the first place?

Jim_Campbell

Quote from: "kevlev"Actually, if that was the case, why the hell would there be an advert here in the first place?

They are telling us to go away, or they shall taunt us a second time! </python>

Cheers

Jim
Stupidly Busy Letterer: Samples. | Blog
Less-Awesome-Artist: Scribbles.

Bad Andy

I don't think they can afford me either  :cry:

I doubt a desk editor for tooth can be colour blind anyway...

Buddy

Quote from: "King Trout"I suspect I'm well-qualified for one of those, but I doubt they can afford me!  ;)

- Trout

I suspect I'm NOT well-qualified for ANY of those, but I doubt they can afford ME!

Peter Wolf

I expect that they posted the Ads here because there is a possibility of finding someone who is qualified and who has an enthusiasm for genre fiction.
Worthing Bazaar - A fete worse than death

Kerrin

I can lie like an MP and bullshit on a CV like no other, but unfortunately for them I actually enjoy my job (at the moment). And they couldn't afford me. The cake bill alone would be astronomical.

Tjm86

besides, no doubt they would want the lucky b'stard to work in Oxford.  Appealing as the opportunity might be I know I couldn't afford that, even if they could afford me ( which they could easily! ).  ;)

JOE SOAP