Main Menu

2000 AD Website Back and Badass!

Started by w3bz, 25 August, 2009, 10:30:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mardroid

I'll admit I have mixed feelings about the new banner. It's creepy and quirky... so yes, lets keep it. I miss that animation of Dredd riding up on his bike though. It would be great if that could reappear somewhere, although I understand it's probably best not on the front page considering the amount going on... but

Kerrin

Nice work fellas, I'm gonna have a good nose about this evening.

Bouwel

Nice one! Looking very swish there. Good work and thanks.

-Bouwel-
-A person's mind can be changed by reading information on the internet. The nature of this change will be from having no opinion to having a wrong opinion-

Kev Levell

I'm not usually prone to superlative outbursts, so lets just say it rocks!

w3bz

A general reply to people in general:

Just use the top links if you don't want to use the flash ones.

The flash banner up top was an idea of 2000 AD's that I put into use, there's no real biggy with changing it up a bit, particularly when we get the accounts side of things sorted then you can choose what to appear. And no it didn't take long, so I'm sure we

QuoteWith all due respect that banner thing is shit.

Yawn. With all due respect I only have time for people being constructive.

TordelBack

Loathful of Flash and weak of Broadband though I am, I really like it.  Exciting!

Mike Gloady

Quote from: w3bz on 26 August, 2009, 09:06:56 AM
Yawn. With all due respect I only have time for people being constructive.
Quite, that wasn't at all helpful or polite - two things I've come to expect from this forum.  w3bz and Vincebot have been working their rears off for the site (read: US - the fans) so the least we can do if we don't like something is the offer a reason why we dislike it and maybe a way it can be improved in your eyes. 

Personally I really like it.  Particularly Finny wandering about.  Shades of that birthday story where Sin/Dex are working the door and Ramone knows Dredd, Johnny and Nikolai but poor Finny hasn't got any friends.....  AH!
New in town?  Follow this link for a guide to the Greatest Threads Ever

SuperSurfer

Looking good. Nice surprise for me this morning.

I do like the news announcement 'Strontium Dog returns...' etc images.

Regarding the new banner, I think it is important that plenty of 2000AD characters are featured rather than just Dredd as on the old site (even though the old animation of Dredd was excellent). But the overall structure is there and there is content in all the sections. The banner can be updated or amended from time to time I'm sure, as has already been mentioned.

Glad to see the vault and creator lists. No doubt in due course all the links will be active eg 'View All' in Thrill Vault.

Well done to all involved for the hard work.

Dan Kelly

Can add my Yay! to finally getting a working website :)

List of coming features looks good as well.

Van Dom

Cool, cool, good work everyone, looks lovely!
Van Dom! El Chivo! Bhuna! Prof T Bear! And More! All in Vanguard Edition Three, available now. Check the blog or FB page for details!

VANGUARD COMIC!

VANGUARD FACEBOOK PAGE!

VinceBot

Quote from: SuperSurfer on 26 August, 2009, 10:10:44 AM
Glad to see the vault and creator lists. No doubt in due course all the links will be active eg 'View All' in Thrill Vault.

That was a bug, the "View All" links should work now. You can also use the links across the top of the page to access sections of the Vault, such as character list, creator list, series list, etc.

VinceBot

Quote from: Jim_Campbell on 25 August, 2009, 10:58:54 PM
Dare I mention that both the front page spot 1650, and the page it links to, claim that the line up is Nikolai Dante: Tour of Duty, Shakara and Kingdom.

Fixed, the lookup table picked the wrong "Tour of Duty" when the data-entry happened. There's likely to be a few of these, the more recent the issue, the more squiffy the data.

Trout

Let's think happy thoughts. I've met Umpty a few times and he's a good lad. Be gentle with him.

As for the website: nice work! I like it.

- Trout

Wake

Quote from: VinceBot on 26 August, 2009, 10:59:19 AMFixed, the lookup table picked the wrong "Tour of Duty" when the data-entry happened. There's likely to be a few of these, the more recent the issue, the more squiffy the data.

I add a leading space to keep the titles unique, so assuming that those were preserved when the new database was created, there shouldn't be a problem. The data entry point I use for BARNEY won't let me add duplicate titles (in the same table - there are Megazine stories with the same titles as 2000AD stories).

Cheers,

Wake

Mike Gloady

Quote from: King Trout on 26 August, 2009, 11:07:36 AM
Let's think happy thoughts. I've met Umpty a few times and he's a good lad. Be gentle with him.

As for the website: nice work! I like it.

- Trout
I've never met Umpty/Buddy but He's a regular here, that makes him a good guy.

I'm sure he meant no offence and I'd like to apologise if my comment may have caused him or anyone else even minor upset - not my intention at all.  I just want us ALL to be fwiends.

GROUP HUG?
New in town?  Follow this link for a guide to the Greatest Threads Ever