Main Menu

Does my Art look big in this?

Started by staticgirl, 10 February, 2010, 02:33:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Woolly

Great stuff from all, shame this thread doesn't get the love it used to.

I've stuck this on social media, forgot to stick it here...
Current work in progress:

Colin YNWA

Trooper McFad

Great stuff Woolly- I especially like his facial expression- I think it's says "still not satisfied even after taking out a Judge"

Edit:Who's next?
Citizens are Perps who haven't been caught ... yet!

Woolly

Quote from: Trooper McFad on 31 July, 2020, 07:17:31 PM
Great stuff Woolly- I especially like his facial expression- I think it's says "still not satisfied even after taking out a Judge"

Edit:Who's next?

Otherwise known as: "Izzat So!?!"  ;)

Darren Stephens

https://www.dscomiccolours.com
                                       CLICK^^

Darren Stephens

Quote from: Colin YNWA on 28 July, 2020, 09:09:00 PM
Quote from: Laser Skeleton on 28 July, 2020, 05:42:29 PM
Love the chunky colours and the lighting on this.

Then don't forget to check out Darren's brilliant work colouring Jamie Smart in the latest issues of The Phoenix.

Oh and thanks for showing the enbiggened Wulf its just superb.

Thank you Colin!
https://www.dscomiccolours.com
                                       CLICK^^

Woolly

Bolt-01

Loving this -- especially the hand drawn logo.

JayzusB.Christ

That's really nice, that - the type of clean, crisp line I strive for but never achieve.  Reminds me a bit of Dredd in that Texas City story in the Megazine - Yan Shimony if I remember correctly?
"Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest"

Woolly

Quote from: JayzusB.Christ on 27 November, 2020, 12:07:17 PM
That's really nice, that - the type of clean, crisp line I strive for but never achieve.  Reminds me a bit of Dredd in that Texas City story in the Megazine - Yan Shimony if I remember correctly?

Is that the one with Hershey in her pants, and an over-use of the phrase 'Slam his butt in pokey!'?
Bloody awful as I recall, but the art was indeed very nice :)

As for the linework, I finally invested in one of them USB lightpads so I could ink straight onto a clean piece of card. I thoroughly recommend this  :thumbsup:

Woolly

I really shouldn't post this yet, as it's for my mate's 50th which isn't til friday, but...

I've had to rush alot of this (as shown by the crap black cat at the front), but I'm still feeling very pleased  :)

ming

As posted in the 'activities of the trapped' thread, I've spent a fair bit of time in the last year doing some linocuts.  Still relatively new to the process but it's an enjoyable one.  I'm still figuring out what I can do and what I need to work on but I'm getting there, kind of - at least I don't hate everything about the finished articles.  I committed to this back in 2019 when I bought a 100 year old book press - a giant beast of a thing; 50 x 50 cm plate and weighs 300 - 400 kg+.  Anyway, a few examples below - a few others are done and a some other stuff in the pipeline...  Anyone else doing this kind of thing?  There's so much to explore in terms of the method (paper alone is a huge area to get into) and I'm still at the bottom of a lengthy learning curve.  However, it's nice to spend some time doing something arty as I spend next to no time drawing these days, other than birthday cards for the boys.  Ho hum.

Colin YNWA

I've seen the pop up on Facebook but man they are excellent and its nice to see them gathered together here in one place.

ming

Thanks, Colin - they're fun to do and, being as objective as possible, I definitely feel I've improved since I started these (the first things I did are okay though and I quite liked the designs so I might revisit them in future).  Still trying to figure out where my strengths lie with this stuff but the main thing is enjoying the process really.

pictsy

Looks like I'm sharing my art stuff again.

This is a painting I did, in oils (for the first time in over 10 years) for my Mum as a Christmas present.  It's of a statue at the Eden Project which we visited in 2019 after a really shit year for us.  It went down really well and I'm glad my choice was appreciated.