Main Menu

Genghis Grimtoad

Started by maryanddavid, 07 July, 2013, 09:50:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

maryanddavid

Your spot on sauchie, although I think Deadline, at least the first 20 or so issues were decent enough reads, and didn't preach to the converted as much as Crisis and Strip and  found it's own adult audience.
I have 20 issues of strip, thanks in part to Colin IIRC. Does any know if there was more issues, there is a 'next issue' blurb in issue 20, but I can't find mention of issues past 20.

Frank

Quote from: maryanddavid on 13 July, 2013, 11:10:13 PM
Your spot on sauchie, although I think Deadline, at least the first 20 or so issues were decent enough reads, and didn't preach to the converted as much as Crisis and Strip and  found it's own adult audience.
I have 20 issues of strip, thanks in part to Colin IIRC. Does any know if there was more issues, there is a 'next issue' blurb in issue 20, but I can't find mention of issues past 20.

Aye, I've great affection for the version of Deadline that was printed on toilet paper and featured an odd grab bag of ideas and subject matter. I've just checked, and my haul of Strip goes all the way up to number seven - I assumed the comic was cancelled then, but from your post it seems my local newsagent just stopped stocking it. I was used to the odd pre-internet phenomenon of a title I followed just disappearing from the shelves without a final issue that wrapped up all the stories or explained that the editor's work on Earth was done and now he must return to the stars.

I'm worried now that someone's about to tell me that what I thought was the last issue of Toxic (no. 31) was just a blip in distribution, and there are another dozen issues out there featuring Colin MacNeil's wonderful art on The Road To Hell which I'm going to have to track down on ebay.

Patrick

The early Deadlines were great. Tank Girl was a load of bollocks but stylishly drawn, and Philip Bond's Wired World and D'Israeli's Timulo were fabulous (You can buy the collected Timulo from D'Israeli via Lulu, and it's well worth the tenner).

maryanddavid

I have meant to pick up that Timulo book for a while, on the to do lost!

I have put up a few more 2000ad bits on Hibernia's Facebook page if anyone would like a gander.

https://www.facebook.com/HiberniaComics?ref=hl