Main Menu

RIPs

Started by Quirkafleeg, 27 February, 2006, 03:03:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Daveycandlish

Blake Edwards - director of Pink Panther Movies, Breakfast at Tiffanys, and others - has died aged 88 of pneumonia

An old-school, no-bullshit, boys-own action/adventure comic reminiscent of the 2000ads and Eagles and Warlords and Battles and other glorious black-and-white comics that were so, so cool in the 70's and 80's - Buy the hardback Christmas Annual!

SmallBlueThing

One that has actually made me quite sad: jean rollin has died. He directed one of my favourite films, 'the two orphan vampires', and was a lovely man. I have a great memory of wandering greyfriars kirkyard in edinburgh with mr rollin, discussing possible ideas for future films that he wanted to make in the city. Sadly it wasnt to be. Rest easy you magnificent pervert.
SBT

Greg M.

Quote from: SmallBlueThing on 16 December, 2010, 09:56:36 PM
One that has actually made me quite sad: jean rollin has died.

That is sad. He had a very distinctive and singular vision. I feel compelled to go and watch 'The Living Dead Girl' now to commemorate him. If ever a chap deserved a painfully beautiful funeral, it would be Mr. Rollin.

JOE SOAP

Quote from: Daveycandlish on 16 December, 2010, 08:33:20 PM
Blake Edwards - director of Pink Panther Movies, Breakfast at Tiffanys, and others - has died aged 88 of pneumonia

and to think I just watched "10" last night...

vzzbux

A lad that started work with us a few months ago went missing on Saturday. They have just found him.
R.I.P. Martin Kent.

V
Drokking since 1972

Peace is a lie, there's only passion.
Through passion, I gain strength.
Through strength I gain power.
Through power, I gain victory.
Through victory, my chains are broken.

radiator

locustsofdeath!

Quote from: Greg M. on 16 December, 2010, 10:13:05 PM
He had a very distinctive and singular vision.

Very much so - that singular vision was well on display in 'Zombie Lake': up-the-crotch-from-underwater vision.

In all seriousness, that is too bad. Mr. Rollin was an autuer in every sense of the word.

Richmond Clements

Quotethat singular vision was well on display in 'Zombie Lake'

Zombie Lake. I've seen that one- christ, what a piece on inept shit.
Sad the guy's dead and all, but if that's anything to judge his output by, it's not very good.

Greg M.

Quote from: locustsofdeath! on 17 December, 2010, 03:37:44 PM
Quote from: Greg M. on 16 December, 2010, 10:13:05 PM
He had a very distinctive and singular vision.

Very much so - that singular vision was well on display in 'Zombie Lake': up-the-crotch-from-underwater vision.

Well, quite.  ;)  That's what happens when you take over a shoot from Jess Franco.  :) Don't think any of us would be proclaiming that film as one of his finest hours. I believe there are two versions in existence though - clothes on and clothes off.

Quote from: Richmond Clements on 17 December, 2010, 03:44:11 PM
Quotethat singular vision was well on display in 'Zombie Lake'

Zombie Lake. I've seen that one- christ, what a piece on inept shit.
Sad the guy's dead and all, but if that's anything to judge his output by, it's not very good.

Zombie Lake is not remotely indicative of Rollin's actual talent. I gather it was a job he took on 'cos Franco pulled out... he was not very interested in it.

locustsofdeath!

Well, I will say that I enjoyed 'Zombie Lake' much more than I enjoyed the Jess Franco-helmed 'Oasis of the Zombies', ha.

(and you know Rollin filmed those shots because he knew everyone would blame them on Franco  :D)

Greg M.

Quote from: locustsofdeath! on 17 December, 2010, 03:57:47 PM
Well, I will say that I enjoyed 'Zombie Lake' much more than I enjoyed the Jess Franco-helmed 'Oasis of the Zombies', ha.

I gather that Franco made 'Oasis of the Zombies' because he wasn't able to do 'Zombie Lake'... must've owed the studio a zombie film or something.

vzzbux

Quote from: vzzbux on 17 December, 2010, 12:01:47 AM
A lad that started work with us a few months ago went missing on Saturday. They have just found him.
R.I.P. Martin Kent.

Drove by the spot where they found the body this morning. It was all cordoned off and just seemed eerily weird. It was on a main stretch of a dual carriageway going out of Leicester. I couldn't even start to imagine what happened.

V
Drokking since 1972

Peace is a lie, there's only passion.
Through passion, I gain strength.
Through strength I gain power.
Through power, I gain victory.
Through victory, my chains are broken.

Kerrin

Don Van Vliet (Captain Beefheart), apparently. Sad News.

Gavin_Leahy_Block

JOE SOAP

No. Beefheart bit the dust.