Main Menu

3 Thrill-packed Books for June!

Started by 2000AD Online, 01 June, 2007, 02:47:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

2000AD Online

THRILL-POWER OVERLOAD
By David Bishop

Thirty Years of Thrill-Power!

For over three decades one British comic has defined a generation: 2000 AD.

From humble and rocky begginings to its current position as the Galaxy's Greatest comic, Thrill-Power Overload charts the incredible history of this ground-breaking comic. With exclusive interviews, hundreds of illustrations and rarely-seen artwork, former 2000 AD editor, David Bishop, guides the reader through three decades of action, adventure, excitement and the occasional editorial nightmare! Told by the people who were there, this is the definitive history of the comic that launched a thousand talents.

Large-format hardback
256 pages
£34.99
Includes bonus comic strip and comprehensive index

SAVAGE: TAKING LIBERTIES
By Pat Mills and Charlie Adlard

SUPPORT YOUR LOCAL RESISTANCE!

In 1999, Britain was invaded by the Volgans, led by the despotic Marshal Vashkkov. With a puppet government installed, the United Kingdom was quickly under oppressive military rule. When London lorry driver Bill Savage discovered his family had been killed by a stray Volgan shell, he began a one man war against the aggressors. He escaped to Canada, but in 2004 ­ with help from the CIA ­ he returned under the identity of his dead brother Jack and continued to lead the resistance. Now the streets of London will be awash with Volgan blood in one of the bloodiest uprisings yet!

Written by Pat Mills (Sláine) with art by Charlie Adlard (The Walking Dead) this grim tale of an alternative England shows 2000 AD at its confrontational best!

Paperback
£12.99
Features an introduction by Pat Mills and a brand-new cover by Charlie Adlard

STRONTIUM DOG: SEARCH/DESTROY AGENCY FILES 02
By John Wagner, Alan Grant and Carlos Ezquerra

THE MAN WITH THE X-RAY EYES!

In the far future Strontium-90 fallout has created a race of mutants, outcasts from society, despised by the 'norms' and given only the dirtiest job ­ bounty hunting. Johnny Alpha is one such mutant, working for the Search/Destroy Agency, hunting down the criminals for the Galactic Crime Commission.

The second volume in this thrill-packed series collects together such classic stories as 'Portrait of a Mutant', 'The Killing' and 'Outlaw' along with a bonus strip and an extensive covers gallery.

Paperback
£13.99

Link: Tharg's Newsround

Noisybast

Dan Dare will return for a new adventure soon, Earthlets!

Dunk!

Could that volume be the motherlode of Stront stories?

Or is that the next one?
"Trust we"

Wake

I think it's this one...

Portrait of a Mutant
The Gronk Affair
The Kid-Knee Caper
The Moses Incident
The Killing
Outlaw

The Amstor Computer

Interesting to note that Savage has lost the "Complete" tag and gained a new subtitle - a hint that there may be more stories left to tell, or just that this will only collect part of the storyline? Anyone have a page count?

Gorgeous covers all round, though. I've moaned about the design on trades & the comics here in the past, but the design crew are really coming into their own now. They've made sure the line of books has an identity without compromising the look of each individual trade, and the recent stuff has been fantastic - Leviathan, Xtnct, Savage etc. are a level above the old approach of whacking a cheap reprint on the cover and chucking it out.

paulvonscott

Well all of those are on my 'to buy' list.

Savage has been a real success, not sure where it would go next if it continued, but I'd be willing to see.

Wake

I've been told that this Savage book contains all the stories to date but not whether there are more to come.

Cheers,

Wake

The Adventurer

I'm so glad Savage got bumped down to "subtitled" and not "complete" suggests there will be more.

Also, is that a bitching cover or what?

Stront and Savage will be mine, oh yes.

THIS SPACE INTENTIONALLY LEFT BLANK

The Adventurer

Did anyone else notice the background color of Stronty Case Files 2 change from Red to Brown all of a sudden?

IndigoPrime

If you mean from the cover on the 2000 AD Books site, that was only a temporary oneâ??most of the covers change prior to publication.

The Adventurer

No, I mean the posted cover here on the main site with this announcement. On June 3rd the cover color was Red(with the current image of Johnny), the same color red as the Judge Dredd Case Files 1. Now it's chocolate colored.

I'm not complaining, I just thought it interesting that they changed the cover color after uploading and linking it as Red.

IndigoPrime

Perhaps it's an output thing: depending on how the CMYK originals are rendered, their output in RGB can be wildly different from both the source and the print versions.

The Adventurer

The reason I noticed this, was because when I first looked at the enlarged (red) cover, I was noticing all the jpg artifacting around Alpha. So I really noticed what the background color was. Now that it's posted as Chocolate, there is far less artifacting.

Wake

I started with the cover image sent to be by Jon, but it was lower resolution than I wanted so I asked for one from Kathryn. I changed the Savage cover at the same time.

Cheers,

Wake