Main Menu

2000 AD & MEGAZINE Covers of the Year 2018 RESULTS.

Started by Pete Wells, 03 January, 2019, 12:55:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pete Wells

Thanks to everyone who took the time to vote for these, once again it's been fascinating to watch the covers jostle for first place, and it's great to see the diverse range of people's votes.

Let's start with the 2000 AD Cover of the Year, which is really bittersweet for reasons I'm sure you'll understand. So, the the top 3, in reverse order...

In third place is Carlos Ezquerra's final cover, the beautiful, and very fitting Strontium Dog cover of Prog 2081...

In second place, the brilliant Chris Weston gives us Dredd and a space monkey on Prog 2089. What's not to love?

And heart-wrenchingly, the clear winner is the gloriously gritty masterpiece by King Carlos Ezquerra that is the cover of Prog 2078. Utterly stunning. I'd give anything to be able to tell Carlos he'd won.

Congratulations to Carlos and Chris! Strangely, there were no real bubbling under covers, these three pretty much dominated the proceedings from the off...

The Megazine Cover of the Year was a much more hotly contested affair. The winners, in reverse order are...

In third place, Phil Winslade's amazing Lawless wraparound for Meg 402...

In second place, it's that man again, Chris Weston with his brilliant cover of Meg 400...

And the winner is.... Adam Brown with his action-packed, fully painted War on the Law cover of Meg 399!

Congratulations to Adam, Chris and Phil. I'll whizz them an email in the morning to let them know!

Again, thanks for voting everybody!

Colin YNWA

As every I'm pretty out of step, apart from acknowledging the glory of Carlos' 2078. Always like that, exemplifies the diversity of fans that flock to Tharg's organ.

Thanks to the lovely Pete Wells for sorting and counting.

Proudhuff

DDT did a job on me

Colin YNWA

DrJomster

Many thanks Pete for running this!

It's always a difficult, but enjoyable, experience trying to work out which covers to vote for. Mainly because the quality is so good! And then of course, there's seeing if the rest of the voters agreed with you! :)
The hippo has wisdom, respect the hippo.

Eamonn Clarke

Well done, to Pete for the vote and for the advent calendar.  Excellent work from the cheeriest man in 2000AD, even while dealing with the Greggs vegan sausage scandal.

Jim_Campbell

Quote from: Eamonn Clarke on 04 January, 2019, 08:01:45 AM
even while dealing with the Greggs vegan sausage scandal.

It's been a trying time for poor Pete. Sending my thoughts and prayers.
Stupidly Busy Letterer: Samples. | Blog
Less-Awesome-Artist: Scribbles.

ZenArcade

Well done Pete. Good to see young Adam Brown taking the Megazine Cover. A great talent indeed. Z
Ed is dead, baby Ed is...Ed is dead

Rogue Judge

Those are all great covers! Glad to see Carlos going out on top. Fun thread, thanks Pete!