Main Menu

Edinburgh August Shedcon anyone?

Started by Proudhuff, 16 July, 2014, 04:39:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fungus

(Talk about bad luck Dr X - glad to hear the broken leg didn't materialise...)

You make me sound like your stereotypical Book Festival Casualty, I should quash that rumour now  :)
I remember losing Tips at the train station, but am hazy enough to suspect that was my fault. Oops.

Most excellent day in Edinburgh, thanks all.

Told Pat Mills I was thrilled to meet him (no lie) and he stood up, beamed and shook my hand. Briefest of chats then shuffled onwards. Simple pleasures.

Proudhuff

Glad you made it Fungus, Tips was worried you'd been eaten by the yeti of olde Haymarket tunnel.

yes Mrs Mills laddie was on good form even when i ambushed him on the pavement outside. The book talks were good but the bar chat better  :D
DDT did a job on me

Tiplodocus

Yeah - meeting Mister Mills was a genuine pleasure. I manajed to highjack him for about twenty minutes and he was utterly charming.

(And the next day, I got Kenny Baker to sign me an R2D2 autograph! Never imagined that I'd meet those two face to face when I was 14)
Be excellent to each other. And party on!

Proudhuff

didn't you take some fotaes?
Anyone seen Lindsay?
DDT did a job on me

Tiplodocus

I did. They are mostly rubbish and I don't have a photobucket account or whatever it is you need to get them up on t'internet.

I have a long train journey today so am looking forward to reading IDP 2043.

Proudhuff

Quote from: Tiplodocus on 28 August, 2014, 12:41:17 PM
I did. They are mostly rubbish and I don't have a photobucket account or whatever it is you need to get them up on t'internet.

I have a long train journey today so am looking forward to reading IDP 2043.

If any fotaes are okay send them to me and I'd do the necessary, we need proof for CF  ;)

I'd be interested in you take on IDP let us know.
DDT did a job on me

Fungus

Proof....?   :o

Well, Dr X had a medical emergency by this stage and Tips is taking the photo. I'm the one staying as far away from the scary lady as possible.

Proudhuff

Can't remember that magic trick, how does she manage to keep that pink triangle floating in the air?

DDT did a job on me

Tiplodocus

Reread IDW 2043 yesterday. It worked better for me on the second read but I still don't like the ending. Far too happy and convenient. All of the chapters have something fresh to offer but I especially like Cait's explosion at dinner party. Great bit of characterisation and emotional story telling.

Fungus

Thoroughly enjoyed this, especially the Murphy and Morris chapters. Mills' chapter reminded me of Crisis - when he does political you are left in no doubt  :)