Main Menu

Diddly-dum, diddly-dum, diddly-dum, oooo-eeee-ooooo...

Started by Mike Carroll, 21 March, 2005, 06:37:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mike Carroll

Just a quick question, chaps and chapettes: did anyone watch all the Doctor Who stuff on BBC2 at the weekend? I taped it but I haven't watched it yet for fear of spoilers!

Toodles,
Mike

Quirkafleeg

Nothing on the Saturday night stuff... but Late Review's errr review on Friday was riddled with spoilers (but it's only a 'kid's program' so it doesnt matter, right?)
The best 'pre' thing was the Culture Show last week which had an intelligent piece on among other things Who's gothic aspects (esp on how having 'monsters' in the Home Counties was scary) and how we had a totally different attitude to tv back in the seventies so the new the series can't be as it was  (plus loads of footage of crap monsters)

The Amstor Computer

Grrr... watched the Newsnight Review thing. Not so bothered about spoilers, but fuck me, Bonnie Greer is irritating...

ming

Not having lived in the UK for several years, I have no idea who Bonnie Greer is.  I'm almost hoping it's some horrific mutant hybrid of Germaine Greer and Bonnie Langford...  Good god, can you imagine?  The horror, thr horror...

The Amstor Computer

Hm. Not far off. I've not seen any of her work outside her appearances on Newsnight Review, but on the limited exposure there...

Link: http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/programmes/newsnight/review/panel/1965403.stm" target="_blank">She's an irritating, pretentious git...

Mike Carroll

Thanks, Gary!

Unfortunately, I managed to tape over the stuff already! D'oh!

Mike

Adrian Bamforth

The main programme was a repeat, possibly from the time of the Dr Who film.

One highlight was Sylvester McCoy recalling an enthusiastic fan who told Sylvester he was his fifth favourate Doctor.

ADE

therev

Met all the living Doctors and Colin Baker was the most friendly...mind you me and my mate were the only one's there for the signing!
Hoho.
Tom Baker is a very strange man.

therev

That Geer woman "..she has worked mainly in theatre with women and ethnic minorities" bet she'd love a sub of 2k...not.

Quirkafleeg

Bonnie  Greers' all right (she turns up on R&J occasionally) She interesting and informative on her home ground...

She's certainly a lot better than the other Greer - Germaine...

therev

therev

Mmmmm she's one hot mumma...
LOL

R&J?? Rod and Jane without Freddy?
;-)

Embaressingly once my mate asked McCoy if he would sign Jon Pertwee's autograph as he didn't have that one.
My mate thought he was being hysterical but then we had been in the pub for 3 hours beforehand...

Quirkafleeg

>R&J?? Rod and Jane without Freddy?

Richard and Judy, you ignorant fool....

therev

I'm more of a Des and Mel kinda guy....
;-)

Quirkafleeg