Main Menu

Prop sale

Started by Steve Green, 26 October, 2012, 03:45:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rusty

Urban's outfit now up to over 7k with a few days left to go on it. Not bad. At the very least, it looks like they'll make back the production costs on the props and then some.

opaque

Kind of surprised they are selling all 15 t-shirts together. They'd make more money separately surely?

J3D1

What I don't understand is why sell EVERYTHING at once?
Surely they would make more by listing one item at a time or even a few for that matter.

JOE SOAP

Interesting post I found on ebay:

Im writing this guide to let people know that you dont have to pay VAT on top of the winning bid in an auction format listing even if the seller is a business and VAT registered!!

Since the beggining of 2009 Ebay have after receiving clarification from Her Majestys Revenue & Customs stated in there rules that VAT does not have to be paid on auction format listings. The only listings you pay VAT on is Buy it now and Classified format listings.

If you win an auction format listing and the seller asks for VAT you dont have to pay it and when the seller puts in an unpaid item report just let Ebay know they are asking for VAT on top. It will be the seller getting a warning off Ebay.

This is just another way to get more money out of you. I think its a disgrace that Ebay dont advertise this rule more to stop people getting ripped off.

It clearly states this fact in Ebay rules so just look it up and see for yourself.

http://reviews.ebay.ie/VAT-ON-TOP-OF-WINNING-BID?ugid=10000000014189332

Colin YNWA

I don't really understand these things BUT this page suggests the VAT rate should be 15% (the Luxemburg rate) not 20% as listed?

http://pages.ebay.co.uk/help/account/vat-ov.html

QuoteVAT is a value-added tax on services, including services provided by eBay. VAT is required by European law effective July 1, 2003. VAT applies to persons who reside, have a permanent address, or are established in the European Union.

The VAT tax is added to the "net" price of the provided eBay service, that is, the basic price of the service. The total price for the services (net + VAT) is known as the "gross" price or amount.

As an EU-based seller, your contractual partner is eBay Europe, S.à r.l., based in Luxembourg. You are therefore required to pay VAT at the Luxembourg rate of 15% on your eBay selling fees.

If you are a seller based outside the EU, different rules apply. Find out more.

opaque

Joe: considering that the prop store say they talked to Ebay about it and gave the advice that we should pay it I'd be more inclined to listen to them than something from 3 years ago. Although the no paying VAT is backed up Ebay's current page on VAT (http://pages.ebay.co.uk/help/policies/png-vat.html)
Doesn't sound right though does it, paying VAT on top. Interestingly on the products on their website the VAT is included in the price.

Colin, as far as I can see that is talking about sellers paying selling fees to Ebay, which is based in Luxembourg not you buying from a UK company and so having to pay UK VAT.

nicklambo

Interested to hear back what the answer is... :-\

von Boom

Damn. I've been outbid on the lot of T-shirts. Perhaps it's time to drive the price up.

opaque

£82 for the t-shirts? I know theres ages to go but £30+ each easily if sold separably I would have thought.
Wonder how many of the multiples will be resold by the winners?

darnmarr

15 boarders should form a syndicate for those babies.

JOE SOAP

Quote from: opaque on 31 January, 2013, 01:53:52 PM
Joe: considering that the prop store say they talked to Ebay about it and gave the advice that we should pay it I'd be more inclined to listen to them than something from 3 years ago. Although the no paying VAT is backed up Ebay's current page on VAT (http://pages.ebay.co.uk/help/policies/png-vat.html)
Doesn't sound right though does it, paying VAT on top. Interestingly on the products on their website the VAT is included in the price.

They removed the VAT inclusion on yesterday's auctions.

COMMANDO FORCES

The next batch of goodies are going online now ;)

JOE SOAP

From the Prop Store:

Due to an error by EBAY's sales team, the first listings still stand with incorrect information about VAT.

EBAY have acknowledged it was their mistake and as such have allowed the listings to remain with all bidding activity intact. As is EBAY's policy, we are unable to edit those listings.

All winning bids in our DREDD auctions will be the final sales price.

We sincerely apologise for any confusion caused by these listings. We were advised on multiple occasions and in writing that the line we were taking with the DREDD listings was the correct one. Only after the first listings went live were we notified of a problem by a different management team.

http://www.therpf.com/f45/so-whos-going-bid-dredd-props-171530/index5.html

opaque

Thanks for finding that Joe :)
They also allow a credit agreement which earlier they said they weren't going to do, so people can bid even heavier knowing they can stagger the payments ;)

COMMANDO FORCES

Ma-Ma's bed sheets are up for the perverts :thumbsup: