Main Menu

PROG 1344

Started by Oddboy, 02 June, 2003, 05:45:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Oddboy

Just to beat Tu-Plang.

AHHH! NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!
The return of Sinister Dexter?http://www.2000adonline.com/covers/2000ad/mediumres/1344.jpg">
Better set your phaser to stun.

Smiley

Tu-plang

That cover is awesome!!!

-Tu-plang, off to start the Prog 2004 thread.

ukdane

Eh? Where'd that cover come from? I've only just read 1343.
Cheers

-Daney

Tu-plang

I haven't even read 1343.  Ignore Oddy, he's just trying to show off in front of his friends.

Oddboy

Worked though, didn't it!
Better set your phaser to stun.

Proudhuff

Damn! Must agee there Oddboy.
DDT did a job on me

Proudhuff

Agee??  must use more fingers
DDT did a job on me

longmanshort

What? What's going on? I'm all confused. Nurse? Nurse!
+++ implementing rigid format protocols +++ meander mode engaged +++

W. R. Logan

guess thats five pages a week I can skip over. Bring back Bec & Kawl.

La Placa Rifa,
W. R. Logan.

Art

Well, to be fair its probably the least shit part 1 of a throwaway SD story I've read for quite some time.

Coming soon: A two part Steve Moore Past Imperfect.

Tiplodocus

Got mine.

s

p

o

i

l

e

r

s

COVER: A pretend film cover - not my favourite cover style.

NEevre Centre: Tharg gives shout outs to Zarjaz, Dogbreath and Solar Wind. Yay!  

JD: Like the storyline but dislike the art.  Some of Burns' guns look like Flash Gordon rayguns and as for those Judge Hoverbikes - they look terrible.

SIN/DEX:  This really has to be one long joke that I don't get.  Implausible amounts of just dodging B-movie giant spiders, characters swinging through jungles shouting like Tarzan, people blowing up petrol stations and escaping unscathed, little baby spiders hatching out to kill the villain in an unrelated twist ending.

LOBSTER: So far so good.

INTERCEPTOR: Going down hill for me - shame because I really enjoyed the first few episodes.  And his face plate klicked open "BZZT! Oh my God, I'm a robot".  Please. No.

ROGUE:  Nice teasing opening episode introducing a new villain and an interesting "how did he get there?" predicament for Rogue (and how will he get out). Lovely mucsular b/w art as well.

ALIEN INVASIONS: This made me chuckle but I'd like to point out to Henry Flint that drugs are bad and he shouldn't do them.

Be excellent to each other. And party on!

Proudhuff

Next issue 1345 should be the start of my subby, heh hehheh

Hehheh Huffy
DDT did a job on me

Capt.Zeep

Didn't really like this cover either - think it's as much to do with the colours as anything.  Darker would have been nicer.

Sin/Dex - are we to presume that giant spiders will soon be menacing the city?

Interceptors - liked the Football Ltd. shirt and the comedy head smushing :)

Lobster I'm likng, but I feel I have a fair idea how they'll torture the computer...

Rogue, hmmm.  The problem with this, as it always has been, is the Norts are too cartoon bad guy-ish.  I'll give it a chance tho'.

Alien Invasions, Hoorah!  Great stuff, will we be seeing more of these?  I guess so since the title's in the plural.

Overall a fair to average prog, with bonus points to Tharg for Mr. Meat Bingo and for bigging up the 'zines.
Z

Mikey

That truly is a fantastic cover.A case for hanging on the wall methinks.
To tell the truth, you can all get screwed.