Main Menu

I am the god of drawing, enjoy

Started by traviswellman, 23 July, 2010, 07:54:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

traviswellman

Well that's it really. I'm not too fussed. If you leave comments I might listen to them. I don't have too. You don't have to look either. Like I said all comments are really welcome but I don't see why I have too reserve the right to reply. I'm just doing this for fun. As for being 2000ad related I see 2000ad as a creative place where creators often create totally new worlds and stories.

http://i896.photobucket.com/albums/ac167/thehappyskull/SKMBT_C20310073008591.jpg

This is a comic example. I just got bored. It's pretty boring drawing those buildings. I am confident though that it is an example of how these characters could work in a book. Not that I would really care if it didn't. Can I draw mundane stuff, sure, would I personally want to read that, not really.

I'll probably just post images now though. So they're there if you like. I'm not even asking for money or anything.

Trout

You keep plugging away, mate. If you want to draw, draw. Nobody can stop you.

All the best.

CrazyFoxMachine

Maybe he can be destroyed with sarcasm.

Or perhaps just an explanation of the difference between "to" and "too" might steal his thunder.

The Enigmatic Dr X

Quote from: King Trout on 30 July, 2010, 10:55:18 PM
You keep plugging away, mate. If you want to draw, draw. Nobody can stop you.

All the best.

I'm with the Trout. Comments were invited and given. But keep it up.
Lock up your spoons!

Jim_Campbell

Quote from: traviswellman on 30 July, 2010, 05:56:12 PM
aaaaaaaaaah wait a minute. The millarworld pen thread. I was just kidding. Sorry if I hurt your feelings. I'm a joker. Can't help it. I didn't mean to annoy you, I just write absurd stuff.

You didn't hurt my feelings -- I have a thicker skin than that. You did annoy me, though, because you were acting like a dick, same as you are here, which is the only reason I brought it up. On this board, you have the eyes and ears of a number of comic professionals, and a fair number of people directly involved in the games industry, too.

Congratulations, then -- you've just given most of them good reason never to hire you or recommend you to other people who are looking to hire. So what was the point of this thread? You weren't interested in feedback, your samples certainly aren't good enough to have people beating a path to your door with exclusive contracts, and you've demonstrated to anyone reading who might be in a position to do you a favour professionally that you're a gobshite with an attitude problem.

The sound you now hear is your future career burning to the ground.

Thank you for playing.

Cheers

Jim
Stupidly Busy Letterer: Samples. | Blog
Less-Awesome-Artist: Scribbles.

dyl

Travis, your stuff is alright and shows some promise. It's quite imaginative in places. Not sure what you want to do though really, can't see much of a desire in any of your stuff to tell a story and that's pretty important if you want to be a comic artist. Some of the figures that pop up now and again are nice but I haven't seen many decent faces.
It's ok to say you just want to do stuff your own way, but it's going to be pretty difficult to make a living that way. To make money you have to be an artist for hire and that means drawing what someone tells you to draw and, to varying degrees, how they want you to draw it.

Trout

Jim, he's just a kid. Take it easy.

Jim_Campbell

Quote from: King Trout on 30 July, 2010, 11:38:48 PM
Jim, he's just a kid. Take it easy.

No reason to be a fucking dick.

Cheers

Jim

Trout

Yeah, I know, but let's try to be kind.

Jim_Campbell

Jim_Campbell

Quote from: Richmond Clements on 30 July, 2010, 06:59:42 PM
Step one: learn to draw hands. Proper human ones with five fingers.

Never stopped Simon Harrison, mind...

Cheers!

Jim

Roger Godpleton

"I'm the God of drawing" could be a good conga chant.
He's only trying to be what following how his dreams make you wanna be, man!

Dunk!

That'll teach me not to post after a really shitty day at work and i'll take Trout's timely 'go easy there' reminder.

Hope your stuff continues to improve and you get to make something of your art, Travis.

Keep plugging away. Making money, no matter how little, or even a career from something you love is a really good feeling.

Now back to work...

D!

"Trust we"

TordelBack

The Trout isn't as evil as he used to be, that's for sure.

I say we rush him.

Jim_Campbell

Quote from: TordelBack on 31 July, 2010, 10:40:34 AM
I say we rush him.

There's a wedge of lemon and a small pot of tartar sauce with his name on it...

Cheers!

Jim