Main Menu

Dredd (2012)

Started by Goaty, 06 September, 2011, 11:51:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

blackmocco

This is terrible news for the movie, sadly. The '95 movie has already damaged the property in the eyes of the general public and this is just more of the same. Going to be a real uphill battle to get people into theaters to see it with this tag around its neck. Fuck.
"...and it was here in this blighted place, he learned to live again."

www.BLACKMOCCO.com
www.BLACKMOCCO.blogspot.com

blackmocco

Quote from: dweezil2 on 07 October, 2011, 08:07:14 PM
At least there's the knowledge that for every Supernova there's a Superman II!

The sad part being Superman II would have been a better movie with Donner in charge.

www.BLACKMOCCO.com

radiator

Genuinely gutted at this news. Been following this production like a hawk and have been talking it up to anyone who'll listen, confident that with the level of talent involved, the end product would be something impressive that would surprise a lot of people.

While I'm still pretty confident that Dredd 2012 wont be an absolute travesty like the Stallone version (this time they at least had a finished, solid script) the echoes of '95 are hard to ignore.

Hope the whistleblowers get slung out on their arse, though. It's monumentally unprofessional to leak something like this to the press. Feel bad for the producers. I often have to work under ndas and wouldn't dream of breaching them in a million years.

JOE SOAP

This type of thing can end careers, don't know who's in the wrong, if anyone really is or the context of the footage dispute but it's fairly up-in-the-air now as to how the film will turn-out.

JOE SOAP

Quote from: radiator on 07 October, 2011, 10:39:44 PMHope the whistleblowers get slung out on their arse, though. It's monumentally unprofessional to leak something like this to the press. Feel bad for the producers.

It's human nature and who knows maybe they too got fucked over. I wouldn't sweat it too much, it's a miracle any film turns out good considering the amount of stars that have to align.

Michaelvk

At least it wasn't me this time  :lol:
You have never felt pain until you've trodden barefoot on an upturned lego brick..

JOE SOAP

Time to spill the beans...

Steve Green

That post-hypnotic suggestion you planted worked then, Michael?

MR. ELIMINATOR

Uh oh.  Hey, but maybe it is better the writer has more control?

blackmocco

Writers write. Directors direct.

www.BLACKMOCCO.com

JOE SOAP

Time to bring in Uwe Boll.

Dreddzilla

Quote from: dweezil2 on 07 October, 2011, 06:12:48 PM
Slightly worrying news from the rumour mill!

Please, not again!!!!! >:(

http://collider.com/dredd-director-editing-problems/119348/
Let's hope this will be the only major setback.

Stan

This is disappointing. :/ I wonder if it has anything to do with the late release date? People on here made some valid aguements for that, which I happened to agree with, but you have to wonder...

JOE SOAP

If there is truth to Garland actively seeking co-director credit with the possibility of reshoots, Dredd is in a fucked-up state at the moment.

Dreddzilla

Quote from: JOE SOAP on 08 October, 2011, 01:57:38 AM
If there is truth to Garland actively seeking co-director credit with the possibility of reshoots, Dredd is in a fucked-up state at the moment.
How bad was the movie that the producers decided to kick Pete Travis off of it?