Main Menu

Dredd (2012)

Started by Goaty, 06 September, 2011, 11:51:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Steve Green

Because there's an inordinate amount of nerdrage on sites like AICN, anyone who makes marketing decisions based on who shouts loudest on internet forums would seem bizarre.

It's fine to voice an opinion, but I wouldn't give it too much weight.

I'm a nerd, but I certainly don't expect what I say to have any bearing on what Rebellion/DNA/IMGlobal etc do, and to do so is delusional IMHO.

Danbo

We are all nerds,that was my point.
Let the Dragon ride again on the winds of time.

JOE SOAP

The emotional tide of world events can have more of an effect on what people see at the cinema than ad-campaigns. It's a volatile media glut that we live with. I also think there'll be many box-office casualties next year because of the sheer saturation of genre product, people will be very selective in what they'll see at the nickelodeon knowing that they they can download what they don't soon after.

JOE SOAP

Quote from: DanboJohnJ on 01 January, 2012, 10:41:35 PM
We are all nerds,that was my point.

and we're not to be trusted especially those of us who have sites to run and pixel-space to fill.

Danbo

Thanks for laying down the law.
Let the Dragon ride again on the winds of time.

DKCX

Quote from: JOE SOAP on 01 January, 2012, 10:15:53 PM
Quote from: Steve Green on 01 January, 2012, 10:10:28 PMIt is mainly just one notable person under various pseudonyms banging on about the uniform, the actor, the script, the fucking catering...

This is the point, you can't trust film-nerds with gripes who project their bias as the opinion of all fans.

That's really a shame... It's always the ones who shouts the loudest gets heard, Scojo's guerilla style negativity has done the business, he has been ranting and raving for months on imdb for sometime, banned numerously times yet the git's nasty streak is making on impact out there.
Even Jock had to email him to lay off the project. I believe like everyone else that the majority of fans like the look. We'll just wait and see and weather Scojo's hate brigade.  >:(

Beaky Smoochies

Quote from: The Sherman Kid on 01 January, 2012, 03:03:16 PM
Dredd didn't make the top 50 2012 films for the Guardian or a mention in the Daily Mail guide.

Gimme a break, the Guardian ?  When have they ever been the gold-standard for the public pulse, you'd be better off with Pravda , not that there's much difference between the two ::)...

If Sc**jo is causing so much havoc for the good name and reputation of Dredd, can IM Global not impress on the sites he's trolling on to ban him outright, I mean, they shut down CraveNoir's wonderful Judge Dredd Movie News blog and THAT was a highly positive piece of free publicity for the project (it's how I found out a new JD movie was being made), short of that, I would suggest a baseball bat and a shovel to take care of him, but he'd probably rise from the ground and start trolling again, how about a stake through the heart...!?

"When the people fear the government there is tyranny, when the government fear the people there is LIBERTY!" - Thomas Jefferson.

"That government is best which governs least" - Thomas Jefferson.

CYCLOPZ

Quote from: Beaky Smoochies on 02 January, 2012, 04:29:50 AM
Quote from: The Sherman Kid on 01 January, 2012, 03:03:16 PM
Dredd didn't make the top 50 2012 films for the Guardian or a mention in the Daily Mail guide.

Gimme a break, the Guardian ?  When have they ever been the gold-standard for the public pulse, you'd be better off with Pravda , not that there's much difference between the two ::)...

If Sc**jo is causing so much havoc for the good name and reputation of Dredd, can IM Global not impress on the sites he's trolling on to ban him outright, I mean, they shut down CraveNoir's wonderful Judge Dredd Movie News blog and THAT was a highly positive piece of free publicity for the project (it's how I found out a new JD movie was being made), short of that, I would suggest a baseball bat and a shovel to take care of him, but he'd probably rise from the ground and start trolling again, how about a stake through the heart...!?

Has anyone informed Harry at Aintitcoolnews and whoever runs the Empire forum about who this guy is. He's trolling the hell out of those sites under different pseudonyms and causing untold damage.i.e. whenever we get lazy journalism from the cut and paste brigade, they always quote that fans on the net hate what's going on with the film.

This bad publicity is spreading and becoming part of established fact in relation to the Dredd film.

Psidude

yes i have seen the hate on the empire site and total film.you can see the shit a mile off i hope his next shits a hedgehog followed by a over growing porcupine! I think the cast look and feel of the dredd film is spot on its just the lack of information thats worrying  :) 

judge macbrayne

Got to agree with psidude here .

Goaty

Now it is in Darkhorizons feature of The Notable Films of 2012

http://www.darkhorizons.com/features/1604/the-notable-films-of-2012-volume-three

Dredd
Opens: September 21st 2012
Cast: Karl Urban, Olivia Thirlby, Lena Headey, Jason Cope, Domhnall Gleeson
Director: Pete Travis

Analysis: Sylvester Stallone's often derided 1995 effort "Judge Dredd" bore little relation to John Wagner's British comic character, and now the 'Judge' gets another shot at the big screen. Gone is the big visual effects and decidedly clean looking Megacity One. Instead we have a leaner, darker and grittier $45 million 3D interpretation shot in South Africa back in late 2010.

Star Urban describes this as a setup film mixing together various stories from the comics and following a day in the life of Dredd as he puts his rookie through the paces to see if she is worthy or not of becoming a Judge. The character is much more a figure of fear and intimidation in this, while Urban has confirmed he never removes his helmet - leaving his face obscured throughout.

One element of concern happened this year when director Pete Travis had "creative disagreements between producers and executives" leading to the film's scribe Alex Garland taking over the editing process. The pair released a joint statement saying they had agreed on an "unorthodox collaboration" before production began and Travis was still involved, but there's definitely more to this story which we probably won't find out about until closer to release.

Mardroid

Although it's stuff we kind of know already, that second paragraph is promising.

PreacherCain

Quote from: Anderson's Shame on 02 January, 2012, 09:05:48 AM
Has anyone informed Harry at Aintitcoolnews and whoever runs the Empire forum about who this guy is. He's trolling the hell out of those sites under different pseudonyms and causing untold damage

I called him out on the Empire forums not too long back and he pretty much admitted who he was (at first denying all knowledge of what I was talking about, then in the next post contradicting himself) and went on about how the script he wrote would have been better (?!). Still, I don't think they can ban him since he's just expressing his opinion, regardless of how irrational it might be.

Emperor

Quote from: PreacherCain on 03 January, 2012, 01:07:45 AM
Quote from: Anderson's Shame on 02 January, 2012, 09:05:48 AM
Has anyone informed Harry at Aintitcoolnews and whoever runs the Empire forum about who this guy is. He's trolling the hell out of those sites under different pseudonyms and causing untold damage

I called him out on the Empire forums not too long back and he pretty much admitted who he was (at first denying all knowledge of what I was talking about, then in the next post contradicting himself) and went on about how the script he wrote would have been better (?!). Still, I don't think they can ban him since he's just expressing his opinion, regardless of how irrational it might be.

Oh I don't know, his monomania is flamebait (albeit presumably unintentional) and can be disruptive on a forum who tries to have (even moderately) reasoned discussion. They'd be advised to try and get rid of him if they can.

The main problem is he is quite difficult to ban and keep banned. However, if anyone from Empire or SFX's forums (or anywhere else with an infestation) wants help getting rid of him we have a reasonable grasp on his wily ways so they should contact the site and we can see what we can do to help them out.

All you can really do is call him on it and expose him for the sockpuppet-abusing sadsack that he is. Although sometimes the best way to stop a fire is to starve it off oxygen, I suspect getting in and giving things a more positive spin is the best approach, just don't get dragged into his nonsense.
if I went 'round saying I was an Emperor just because some moistened bint had lobbed a scimitar at me, they'd put me away!

Fractal Friction | Tumblr | Google+

locustsofdeath!