Main Menu

RIPs

Started by Quirkafleeg, 27 February, 2006, 03:03:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rogue69

Kiss Guitarist Bob Kulick Has Died, Aged 70

rogue69

Actor Michael Angelis aged 68 best known for  Auf Wiedersehen, Pet, Boys from the Blackstuff and Thomas and Friends

sheridan

rogue69

The Sweet founder and bassist Steve Priest aged 72.

sheridan

Quote from: rogue69 on 04 June, 2020, 10:14:13 PM
The Sweet founder and bassist Steve Priest aged 72.
biography

sheridan

Joey Image, 63, drummer of the Misfits.

sheridan

Bruce Jay Freidman, 90, oscar-nominated writer of Splash.

sheridan

Jim_Campbell

Quote from: sheridan on 05 June, 2020, 08:52:20 AM
Michael Angelis, actor.

What a shame. If you ever get the chance, do watch the 1985 Alan-Bleasdale-penned film No Surrender* in which Angelis stars and is as wonderful as you'd expect (also bonus Bernard Hill points). The humour is very, very black but also hilarious.

*It appears there are several movies by this title. You don't want the 2019 Scott Adkins action movie. Well, maybe you do, but it hasn't got Michael Angelis in it.
Stupidly Busy Letterer: Samples. | Blog
Less-Awesome-Artist: Scribbles.

karlos

Was gutted to read about Angelis, and today I'm equally sad to read Steve Priest has left us.

I bloody love The Sweet and the realisation that there's only Andy Scott left is very sobering indeed.

Sleep well, chaps.

Robin Low

Kind of a reverse RIP today. I've developed a habit of putting on Radio 2 while I do the washing up on a Sunday evening, and Paul O'Grady is usually on. I was taken aback when his guest was Barry Manilow, who I thought had died a few years ago. I'm guessing my brain had somehow wired up his coming out with all the other celebrity deaths.

I'm not a fan of his music, but I feel mildly cheerier this evening for knowing he's still around.

Regards,

Robin

Daveycandlish

Quote from: Robin Low on 07 June, 2020, 06:42:03 PM
his guest was Barry Manilow, who I thought had died a few years ago

I actually saw him in concert a couple of years ago and when his face appeared on the big arena screens I'm pretty sure he's been embalmed.
An old-school, no-bullshit, boys-own action/adventure comic reminiscent of the 2000ads and Eagles and Warlords and Battles and other glorious black-and-white comics that were so, so cool in the 70's and 80's - Buy the hardback Christmas Annual!

DeadBeat

Quote from: sheridan on 05 June, 2020, 08:49:29 AM

Joey was a good personal friend of mine. We spent a lot of time raising money for his treatment the last couple of years, but, he was on a steep slope.

von Boom

Quote from: DeadBeat on 08 June, 2020, 10:55:43 PM
Quote from: sheridan on 05 June, 2020, 08:49:29 AM

Joey was a good personal friend of mine. We spent a lot of time raising money for his treatment the last couple of years, but, he was on a steep slope.
I don't know how I missed this. I was a big fan of the Misfits. Condolences on your loss.

rogue69

Singer Bonnie Pointer of the Pointer Sisters, aged 69.